Don't you just hate it when ?

Don’t you just hate it when you go out and complete a trail, then the owner a week later or a couple of weeks later add some more caches to the trail.

Why don’t they just wait until they have put the full trail out before submitting them Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. :mad:

With the price of petrol and then doing the walk again to get the caches that were not published before is so frustrating. Or is it just me that thinks like this. :huh:

What are other people’s opinions on this?

Edited by Lorri-Ann & Kev

Don’t you just hate it when you go out and complete a trail, then the owner a week later or a couple of weeks later add some more caches to the trail.

Why don’t they just wait until they have put the full trail out before submitting them Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. :mad:

With the price of petrol and then doing the walk again to get the caches that were not published before is so frustrating. Or is it just me that thinks like this. :huh:

I don't usually do caches until a couple of weeks after they've been published.

I think the usual reason is to allow more opportunities for 'FTF'. I do know of some cases where this is stated on the cache page. There is loop near me being put out piecemeal, luckily I was late enough on to it to see this happening so I shall wait until the loop is 'closed' before I attempt it.

I know some people just hate it when someone gets a whole string of FTF's.

I guess its just one of those things.

Regards

David

Same as the Doc, we never do a new series straight away. There is a series of 10 caches, 3 miles from our home. It has been live since March and we still haven't done it yet :anicute: .

I suppose a solution would be to email the CO and ask if there are any more caches in the pipeline before you set off to complete the trail.

Nope, not at all. I don't do cache trails for the smileys, I do it for a good walk. If it's a particularly good walk I sometimes deliberately miss some caches out so I remember to go back there again (especially if I'm on my own and it's a good place to take the husband and/or kids.) So for me, to have some extra caches added would be a bonus.

I suppose if they were all puzzle caches (I don't do many) it could be a bit annoying or if they were somewhere I didn't like very much, but they could always go on an ignore list.

Same as the Doc, we never do a new series straight away. There is a series of 10 caches, 3 miles from our home. It has been live since March and we still haven't done it yet :anicute: .

And then the series gets archived... Now that IS annoying! :mad:

Not very. There's plenty more fish in the sea.

But.

I solve puzzles, note the final location, and aim to collect it when I'm in the area. Don't I just hate it when, before I get to collect, the cache is archived.

But.

I solve puzzles, note the final location, and aim to collect it when I'm in the area. Don't I just hate it when, before I get to collect, the cache is archived.

Especially annoying when the cache owners reasoning is merely that they see few visits and all the locals seem to have found it.

I greatly enjoy the logs on my seldom found caches somehow it is just better received than the logs on oft found caches. B)

All my distant caching forays are based around collecting a solve puzzle or where I think there will be a good caching experience. Takes a while to get to them though so it is annoying when they are archived. :mad:

I have a very successful series http://coord.info/GC2BTJT which i put down 18 or so months ago. There are 3 parts to the Country Park and i only covered 2 @ the time as i didnt think it was going to be popular as it is.

Now ive been asked a few times now when am i going to do the third walk as its a great walk/day out.

Im not sure how it will be received with the cachers who already done the first 2 walks/series.

So do i or dont i do it?

mrplenty

I have a very successful series http://coord.info/GC2BTJT which i put down 18 or so months ago. There are 3 parts to the Country Park and i only covered 2 @ the time as i didnt think it was going to be popular as it is.

Now ive been asked a few times now when am i going to do the third walk as its a great walk/day out.

Im not sure how it will be received with the cachers who already done the first 2 walks/series.

So do i or dont i do it?

mrplenty

You do it. The cachers that have done the first two, aren't actually compelled to do the third. They'll do it if they want to.

Nope, not at all. I don't do cache trails for the smileys, I do it for a good walk. If it's a particularly good walk I sometimes deliberately miss some caches out so I remember to go back there again
Exactly...

With Powertrail having caches every 160m, I often do every othe one and get twice as much use out of them...

So do i or dont i do it?

mrplenty

I had wondered about the last walk in the park? Go ahead and do it, I will go back. I think the 3 walks would be a lot to fit in during a day, so not everyone will do them all in one go.

But.

I solved a series of puzzles but didn't make it out to collect the caches for about 18 months. In the meantime a couple of them had changed, complete with a nice new puzzle to show where the new coordinates were.

Which would explain why I hunted and couldn't find anything even remotely resembling the clue at the coordinates I'd worked out.

I solved a series of puzzles but didn't make it out to collect the caches for about 18 months. In the meantime a couple of them had changed, complete with a nice new puzzle to show where the new coordinates were.

Which would explain why I hunted and couldn't find anything even remotely resembling the clue at the coordinates I'd worked out.

It seems daft that there is no requirement on cache owners to post a note or anything on a Multi or Puzzle if they move the final location

There ought to at least be an Updated Co-Ordinates marker if the final location gets moved

Mark

It seems daft that there is no requirement on cache owners to post a note or anything on a Multi or Puzzle if they move the final location

There ought to at least be an Updated Co-Ordinates marker if the final location gets moved

Mark

It seems equally daft when, in this case, the cache hunter didn't check the page before hunting. The trouble with things like that are that they are even more irritating when they are entirely my own fault.

I did another series recently, a series of 13 caches which I enjoyed very much. At least I thought I'd done them all, when I got home it turned out I missed one. I'd used a pocket query that was a few days old, and in the meantime the one missing one had been reactivated. That was irritating too... but at least it gives me an excuse to go back to an area I rather like.

When I put out a series, I always publish them one by one as there is a hotbed of FTF hounds in the area. I don't want one lot to just go round and FTF the entire series, preferring to give everyone a chance.

However, I do make this clear in the cache description as I also know that there are cachers in the area who like to do a complete walk. I think this method suits pretty mush everyone.