My Geocache isn´t published yet!

risin

Hi,

I´m a greenhorn in geocaching.

So I wanted to publish a geocache 6 weeks ago. Probably I made a mistake, cause this geocache isn´t published yet. I wrote an e-mail and asked for the reason but didn´t get an answer.

So maybe someone could help me. I get this information:

"Cache Issues:

* This cache has not been reviewed yet. Once it is published, it will be listed on the site. Check the logs to see if the reviewers have left a note for this listing.

* The reviewers will not see this listing until you enable it.

* This cache is temporarily unavailable. Read the logs below to read the status for this cache."

"Please note

Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer. "

So... what do I have to do to get my geocache published?

Thanks!

Hi,

I´m a greenhorn in geocaching.

So I wanted to publish a geocache 6 weeks ago. Probably I made a mistake, cause this geocache isn´t published yet. I wrote an e-mail and asked for the reason but didn´t get an answer.

So maybe someone could help me. I get this information:

"Cache Issues:

* This cache has not been reviewed yet. Once it is published, it will be listed on the site. Check the logs to see if the reviewers have left a note for this listing.

* The reviewers will not see this listing until you enable it.

* This cache is temporarily unavailable. Read the logs below to read the status for this cache."

"Please note

Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer. "

So... what do I have to do to get my geocache published?

Thanks!

The bold red line is what is holding you up. You will need to enter your cache page and check the box that says "enable this cache" or something similar. I don't know the exact location as I haven't published one since they changed it.

Did you place the cache in the spot already? If so, check the box that says "enable." If your cache is not in place, don't - or we'll come looking for something that isn't there. Best thing to do is read, read and re-read the guidelines for placing a cache. Hopefully, your placement is at least 528' or 161m from the nearest cache.....

Welcome to caching and the forums! Don't forget to go out and find some caches too, and log your finds online.

Hello! I have been waiting for my geo to be published for about 4 weeks now. It is named “Watch Out!”, if that helps. I’ve checked on the website and doesn’t say it isnt disabled, but it says un-published. 

Hope you can help! 

Edited by ascalera1
32 minutes ago, ascalera1 said:

Hello! I have been waiting for my geo to be published for about 4 weeks now. It is named “Watch Out!”, if that helps. I’ve checked on the website and doesn’t say it isnt disabled, but it says un-published. 

Hope you can help! 

Did you get an email confirming that you submitted it? Are other caches being published in your area? The pandemic changed everything!

Edited by Max and 99

When your cache was reviewed, the Reviewer log was sent to the email that you gave Geocaching.com  All logs on all of your caches are sent to that address.

You need to check that email. Often people use a throw-away address to validate their account, and never think to check it for the logs that are posted on their owned caches.

https://www.geocaching.com/account/settings/emailpreferences

Also, on your dashboard , you can find the cache, left side bar, and go to the cache page. 

https://www.geocaching.com/account/dashboard

https://www.geocaching.com/account/dashboard/unpublishedcaches

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 2

On 6/17/2020 at 10:20 PM, ascalera1 said:

Hope you can help! 

Sometimes it takes a while for a reviewer to publish a new cache depending on the current situation!  One time it took 2 weeks for my cache but many geocache bashes were going on. Today we have the pandemic and some cities are still not open. Newly published caches in my area have been waiting since March to be published. Good luck and please update us!