[FEATURE] Run PQs monthly option

H2"O"

I try to keep up to date with my nearby states but it's not neccessary to run the PQ weekly for this, monthly is plenty. I do it manually now but an option when creating the PQ would be nice. It would also reduce the load on the servers if others are running them weekly for no reason.

I keep weekly PQs going for my immediate area but try to keep my nearby states (the ones we go to on vacations and long weekends) up to date by running PQs monthly. I haven't yet had a monthly PQ go past the 1000 cache limit...not even close. If that were to happen, I'd take a closer look.

I do that, but the way we decide where to go is by looking for nice groupings so that we can spend all day hiking in one or two parks and repeat through the week. By keeping my GSAK databases reasonably current, I can see (on DeLorme) where there might be good places to spend some time. Once we pick a place, then I do a fresh PQ of that area before heading out.

OK so now I see that a monthly option is there...was it always?? If so, I'm a dunce!

there is? :blink:

I was wondering about that myself. I can't find that either. Is that one of those Platinum Member perks?

--Larry

You think we are going to tell you and reveal our membership level? nice try. :)

Edited by jholly

OK so now I see that a monthly option is there...was it always?? If so, I'm a dunce!

there is? :blink:

I was wondering about that myself. I can't find that either. Is that one of those Platinum Member perks?

--Larry

You think we are going to tell you and reveal our membership level? nice try. :)

It was worth a shot, anyway.... :rolleyes:

--Larry

Hi!

I´d like to create a PQ on a monthly basis for a region i don´t do caching very often. Now i have to start the PQ manually, as needed.

As i use "GSAK" as cachemanager, it would be nice if this could be automized.

If the new GXP structure is implemented and you can select fav points when creating PQs, this would be an option to generate a PQ with qualitycaches (let´s say, over 100 fav points). This PQ needn´t to run on a weekly basis, once a month should be enough.

Yours, babynoneck