Overuse of word "Congradulations"

VentureForth

Jeremy - when a cache is added to a watch list, the words "Congratulations! You have added this cache to your watch list." appear at the top of the page. While I am quite proud to have selected the correct link to do so, I think it would sound better if you simply said "XXXXX has been added to your watch list."

A little less dramatic, don't ya think??? icon_smile.gif

---------------

wavey.gif Go! And don't be afraid to get a little wet!

quote:
Originally posted by rdw:

I rather like be congratulated occasionally for doing things right.

Hey ... for some of us, getting simple things like that right is a big deal! icon_eek.gif

Cheers ...

>>> Hiker's Prayer: "Lord, if you'll lift my legs up, I'll put them down." <<<

~Rich in NEPA~

1132_1200.jpg

=== A man with a GPS receiver knows where he is; a man with two GPS receivers is never sure. ===

As long as it says Congratulations and not Congradulations as your topic header suggests, it's okay by me!!

Seriously, I couldn't really care one way or the other. I do so many caches that I only watch ones that I have placed (ok so I haven't placed any yet) or ones I couldn't find and I am curious if other people had the same problem too.

- Dekaner of Team KKF2A

quote:
Originally posted by embi:

Is there _anything_ around here that people wont whinge about??

Embi used the word "whinge." I think he should be banned from posting here until he learns to use proper 'murrican English like God intended. In fact, I feel so strongly about this that I'll post a poll about it shortly:

"Should embi be banned for his offensive language?

[ ] Yes

[ ] Absolutely

[ ] Without question

[ ] Maybe"

warm.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Warm Fuzzies - Fuzzy:

Embi used the word "whinge."

Just because our "aussie" way of talking offends some of you icon_smile.gif doesn't mean you have to whinge about it icon_smile.gif

Infact sometimes I wonder if your "clean" society can handle anything! icon_smile.gif

that was a joke just in case someone doesn't understand and gets upset

"Before beginning a hunt, it is wise to ask someone what you are looking for before you begin looking for it." Pooh

[This message was edited by embi on June 05, 2002 at 10:22 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Zuckerruebensirup:

Nope! They'll even whine about all the whining that's going on.

I wasn't whining I was whinging icon_smile.gif BIG difference icon_smile.gif

hmmm you do have to laugh! icon_smile.gif

"Before beginning a hunt, it is wise to ask someone what you are looking for before you begin looking for it." Pooh

After 100 finds I placed two of my own today. I learned a lot. A lot of driving, a lot of hiking, and most of all, a lot of work. To deliver a couple of quality caches, rather than something a person threw together in a pocket park, took time and effort. Mine don't even have the fancy computer picts or fancy puzzels. That will come. I say "Thank You!", for the Congradulations. I will keep trying to do better. WD icon_biggrin.gif

At this point I would rather watch the parade than lead it!