Managing Watch lists

cachew nut

I'd like to be able to remove geocaches from my watch list in bulk, rather than one at a time.

After receiving emails of logs on my watch list, I realized that I don't even remember half of those caches I keep receiving emails for.

It just took a heck of a long time removing those caches that I don't remember off my list.

I'd like to see an option to temporarily turn off your watch list.

I'm going on vacation in July for a week and a half, and I dread all the Watch List emails I am going to come back to. It would be nice if I could temporarily disable getting emails until I return and not have to remove a bunch of aches and then remember which ones to add back when I return.

- - - - -

Both features mentioned would be a Godsend. I used to watch all caches within 20 miles of home, and a select few others.

Today I had to downgrade to 10 miles, and a VERY select few. I literally pulled about half of my VERY numerous caches off my watch list. It would have been great to do this en massé.

I'd also love to be able to switch the watch list on and off, but it is possible to design a filter to turn on and move them into a designated folder - but I'd rather just be able to shut it off.

Good suggestions!

Markwell

Chicago Geocaching

quote:
Originally posted by Markwell:

but it is possible to design a filter to turn on and move them into a designated folder

Good idea, I'll have to remember to do that before going on vacation or when I'll be away from a computer for a while.

Actually, I'd be happy if the watch list simply has some sort of indicator of which caches on the list had been archived. That's not such a big thing now, since members have an unlimited list size, but it would still be good to have.

3608_2800.gif

"Don't mess with a geocacher. We know all the best places to hide a body."

quote:
Originally posted by Prime Suspect:

Actually, I'd be happy if the watch list simply has some sort of indicator of which caches on the list had been archived.

If a cache on your watch list gets archived, the system should send you an email to let you know this, so you could take it off then.

I agree though, that it would be nice since sometimes I'll keep an archived cache on my list just to see if there's any further activity with it, but if there isn't, I'll eventually forget that it was archived and it will remain on my (sizable) list forever.

- - - - -

For the watched list, I'd like to have the 'date last visited' show up.

Often times I am watching a cache to see if what I left had been taken, or if a spot I am headding to had been visited. If the date was showing, then I wouldn't have to re-open all my watched caches.

This would be like the list when you choose "nearby caches" from a cache view.

Thanks,