What happened to poster's Location at bottom of post?

Alan2

I found this very helpful while reading through the posts. I realize you can "look up" the person's location but that slows down reading through the forum. Knowing where a person is from helps understand posts such as on discussion of everyhting from antennna coverage (desert states vs high forest areas) to things as to how much memory you need (metro areas locations vs surburban areas). It autpomatically clarifies people's responses. In addition, the location puts a "human face" on the poster. I'm sure iA'm not the only one who likes to know where people are from. Especially when you're posting in the sections for Region/State. When people report weather and other locally changing info, Location is very helpful.

Please bring it back.

Alan

I agree. I can only think of one reason not to have that information at the bottom of the screen, privacy, but if people are worried about it, they can just do like they always did, and say they are from "Over There, USA"

Night Hunter

usacoolflag.gif

If Wyle E. Coyote could afford all that ACME stuff... Why didn't he just buy DINNER?

When I first started here the location wouldn't show unless one specified it. There doesn't seem to be an area for this now. I'd have thought one of the admins would have said something about it by now. It was a good idea, and if someone didn't want that info there, it could be kept out. I now put it in the signature area. frog.gif

Beach Park, Il USA

Yeah, it was a good feature. Now you have to look at the person's profile and check their logs to get an idea as to where they are from.

"You can only protect your liberties in this world, by protecting the other man's freedom. "You can only be free if I am" -Clarence Darrow

quote:
Originally posted by welch:

Wasn't it still that way until the most recent forum changeover? icon_confused.gif

It was there for a day or 2 AFTER the forum changeover too. icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.