Naming a travel bug

bonblu

I have ordered and received my first travel bugs.

I have ideas for 2 of the 4 bugs.....

Is there a place to look existing bugs up by name? (I don't want to name mine the same as someone else.....)

Thanks,

Beth

Yes, go to www.geocaching.com choose "Play" > "Find Trackables" and enter a name or part of a name in the "search for a trackable by name" field. Usually you find there are MANY trackables with the same or very similar name.

Let say you have a trackable with a christmas theme. Searching for christmas gives over 5000 trackables with christmas in its name. Searchfor "christmas tree" gives over 400 trackables with that combination of words. I guess you get the picture! In fact, instead of so much avoiding a name that is already in use searching in this way can give some inspiration on how to name (or not name) your trackable. Many people have come up with clever names which one could use as a starting point for creating a name for ones own TB.

Once you've chosen their names, don't forget the official naming ceremony. Buy a bottle of champagne (other beverages may be acceptable, according to preference), pour a small amount into a shallow dish and immerse each of your TBs briefly, while saying, "I name you (Whatever). Travel far and stay safe."

Any left over beverage may be disposed of by you in any fitting manner.

MrsB ;)

Once you've chosen their names, don't forget the official naming ceremony. Buy a bottle of champagne (other beverages may be acceptable, according to preference), pour a small amount into a shallow dish and immerse each of your TBs briefly, while saying, "I name you (Whatever). Travel far and stay safe."

Any left over beverage may be disposed of by you in any fitting manner.

MrsB ;)

I like the way you think!! Think I'll buy the BIG bottle...teeheehee!!