Question about caches near General Mitchell airport in Milwaukee Wisconsin.

runner_one

I first started to post this question over in the Midwest forum but it appears that forum sees little traffic, the last activity was 5 days ago. So I am posting here. Apologies in advance if this is inappropriate. and I will understand if a mod moves this.

I love adding new states to my found list and have not had the pleasure of logging a cache in Wisconsin yet. Next Tuesday morning I will flying cross country and have a 2 hour layover at General Mitchell airport between 5:25 and 7:40 AM in Milwaukee. I would love to snag a couple of Physical Caches during my stop. I noticed that there is a mystery cache at the airport. But I have a personal preference of logging at least two caches before beings satisfied to claim a new state.

When checking the maps I noticed that there are two caches in Holler Park Just outside the main entrance of the airport. I would love to claim one or both of these caches.

Can someone in the area that knows of these caches and or area give me a little advice?

Are cabs on standby at the airport?

Would I have enough time to get a cab and get out to the park and find the caches, return get back through security and still make my flight?

Will Milwaukee cab drivers wait for me at the park and return me to the airport under these circumstances. I would really hate to be stranded and miss my flight. How would I explain that to my wife waiting at the airport?

Would they find my actions strange?

What type of cab fare could I expect to pay?

And last: Any gung-ho cachers live near the airport want to meet and help a fellow cacher by giving him a ride? I will buy you breakfast at any fast food joint nearby.

Edited by runner_one

Ill check them out tomorrow surfing my travels in the area and let you know what's close by.

Cabs are always at the airport so that wouldn't be an issue. As long as you have money a cabby will do just about anything so no worries there. I would have to check my schedule to see if I could meet you but it depends on my schedule of events. It might be worth my time for the breakfast and a chance to start a couple of travel bugs somewhere cool. Pm me.