iPhone v4.5.9 Release Notes

OpinioNate

Hi Jon,

I updated the GC App on a TEST device (iPhone 4 16GB - Model A1332) running iOS 4.3.3 (8J2) to version 4.6.0 and it is set to German language.

The update succeeded without any problems.

Klicking "Meine vorhandenen Trackables anzeigen" (show trackables inventory) gives the result: "Es wurden keine Trackables gefunden" (no trackables found). Attaching a trackable to a log also doesn't work.

On MY iPhone (4S, iOS 5.0.1, running GC App 4.5.9) I have 4 trackables in my inventory.

I will NOT test 4.6.0 on MY iPhone. Since nearly every new release brings some new problems, I always wait until I know from community feedback that all the functions I need are working.

I also hope that the bug "You have to enter a text before sending the fieldnote" will be fixed, I always have to enter e.g. a "A" to send a fieldnote. This does not make sense at all...

Thanks!

Tobias

4.6.0-Update:

Trackables completely broken, inventory is always empty...

No Release-Notes?

It is not working for me either.

*UPDATE: Inside of the Geocaching app, I logged out of my account and back in and trackables are now working.

Edited by broncobob9

4.6.0-Update:

Trackables completely broken, inventory is always empty...

No Release-Notes?

It is not working for me either.

*UPDATE: Inside of the Geocaching app, I logged out of my account and back in and trackables are now working.

App was working beautifully on iPad2 until 4.6.0. Now it returns a "no results" and "no geocaches were found" for nearby search. IPhone 3GS finds PLENTY. Tried to reboot, reinstall app, and change user...same no result, My iPad had become my go-to device for impromptu GCing. PLEASE HELP!!

Last update: turned on ignore list,reloaded app, turned off ignore list, reloaded app. All is now working!?!

UPDATE: checked iPhone version. It is still 4.5.9. Afraid to update it, lest I lose another device!

Edited by ky83cat

Hi,

Did my first geocache with my new iPhone 4S yesterday and ran in to some issues I did not encounter on my iPhone 3G.

First my iPhone is running iOS 5.1 and is non jail broken, and running geocache app v 4.6.0.

•  
  • First issue was that it crashed on me several times (~15 times in 3 hrs)mainly when switching screens from description to waypoints, hints etc... you need to close the multitasking and restart to get it up and running. When starting from the multitask bar it will crash directly again.
  • Second issue was that it kept loading indefinitely, I had to completely close the app (also kill multitasking) and restart to get it loading again.
  • Third combines with the second issue. I had saved all the information offline so why does it load?

If there are any suggestions to fix this (doubt there is;) but please let me know. Otherwise I hope the issues will be addressed in the next update.

PS. If updating the app retina version would be great not needed but the eye loves it :)

Edited by Joentje75

• Second issue was that it kept loading indefinitely, I had to completely close the app (also kill multitasking) and restart to get it loading again.
  • Third combines with the second issue. I had saved all the information offline so why does it load?

Word.

This is indeed a big PITA. Loading, loading, loading....why? If the data is saved then why is it taking a full minute+ to open the cache page? Or taking forever to open my TB inventory when I want to drop a bug? Sometimes it never loads and I have to use the quick kill method...

Edited by JesandTodd

Did my first geocache with my new iPhone 4S yesterday and ran in to some issues I did not encounter on my iPhone 3G.

First my iPhone is running iOS 5.1 and is non jail broken, and running geocache app v 4.6.0.

PS. If updating the app retina version would be great not needed but the eye loves it :)

Did you setup your iPhone as new or restore it from a backup? You. Might need to uninstall then reinstall the app, I have a 4S and I don't have the issues your talking about. Plus it sounds like you upgraded from a iPhone 3G so I really hope you setup your iPhone as new.

I agree....they really need to update this app and take advantage of the retina display. The text in list view is way to large and the compass screen looks very bad. I feel like the iPhone app does not get much attention :cry: . So keep dreaming because it's been about 2 years and they have not updated this app for renta displays

This afternoon I tried my first puzzle cache with the iPhone app and suddenly realized I had no idea how to enter coords into the app. I spent a few minutes at it and eventually gave up. Am I missing something or is this a missing feature in the app?

iPhone 4s, v4.6.0

This afternoon I tried my first puzzle cache with the iPhone app and suddenly realized I had no idea how to enter coords into the app. I spent a few minutes at it and eventually gave up. Am I missing something or is this a missing feature in the app?

iPhone 4s, v4.6.0

Hi!

You may find that functionality on the top right side of your application, next to the compass - it is signaled with a flag (like marking a waypoint).