Important: A new feature that should be required

GOT GPS?

First:

I Saw Totally Disgusted (NOT FOR THE KIDS),

and I would like the the below feature to be implemented on the Geocaching servers.

Proposed:

When people upload images, they should show up as thumbnails on a monitor attached to the servers, then reviewed, to see if they are exceptable, then if not, the ADMIN would click on the image, then delete it from the server.

-------------------------------------------------

Two such bad images were found via the thread in the General topic section, and these photos, if not found by the cache owners, could get geocaching.com in trouble.

The cacher in question mentioned by link in the first message of Totally Disgusted (NOT FOR THE KIDS)

--------------------------------------------------

My Old posts as Geoffrey

My Current Post as GOT GPS?

My profile

My Home Page about what is GPS

I agree the photos were inappropriate, but I'd hate to see ALL photos held for approval before posting; it could create a real bottleneck and (I suspect) add considerably to the admins' workload. The system currently in place worked pretty rapidly this time. I don't know if anyone else reported the problem before me, but the photos were deleted ~15 minutes after I notified the admins.

Worldtraveler

quote:
Originally posted by GOT GPS?:

When people upload images, they should show up as thumbnails on a monitor attached to the servers, then reviewed, to see if they are exceptable, then if not, the ADMIN would click on the image, then delete it from the server.

Oh, yes. By all means we should immediately overreact and let one incident gum up the works for everyone. Excellent idea.

3608_2800.gif

"Don't mess with a geocacher. We know all the best places to hide a body."

Why? The problem was solved quickly enough. Nudity in and of itself isn't a really big deal.

It's what you are doing while nude in the park that makes all the difference.

If it really was a big deal most of us would never survive the gym class shower. Remember 10% of everyone who saw YOU butt nakid was gay.