Cache in Stony Plain AB too visible?

djhotwheels

Okay, so the reason i signed up, was cause i got overly curious after seeing people rummagging through the bushes behind my house, one came by and found the cache here a week ago, and due to winter, we saw EVERYTHING he was doing.... so i remember my aunt mentioning it, and thus signed up.... i wanted to let the owner of the cache know that where it is located is high risk for muggles, and suggesting to move it.... i am just off 44th ave, east of the hospital.

Having a look at the maps in that area, it's difficult to determine which geocache this may be. Any chance that the GC code or title of the cache is listed on the logbook inside the container? Another thing that makes this difficult to pinpoint is that there are other similar games to Geocaching.com which use the same basic premise of "Hide a container, list a description of the location online".

Once you have that information (should it be present), it might be best to place a note on that listing to make the owner aware of your concerns since not every cache owner frequents these forums.

Hope this helps.

Can you give rough street coordinates? IE, "a bit south of the intersection of X & Y", something like that?

We can take it from there.

Thanks!

VP, who lives not far from there

(Oh wait, you already did that. Lemme give it a try... Okay, like the previous poster, I don't see anything in the area, unless you're talking about a spot quite close to the main highway - but those weren't logged recently.)

So yeah, a more specific location could help. If you'd rather not post that on the internet for the world to see, you could private-message me with the details. Thanks.

Edited by Viajero Perdido

would be easy if only there were not a zillion "44th Avenue" in Alberta :anibad:

when i search for hospital near 44th avenue why does google give me hotels? :lol:

ok missed the reference in the thread title

i see this cache near that location which is quite possible to have the actual container in the OP's area, or any of the mysteries around there for that matter

Edited by t4e

I think I've figured it out - it's the final to a multi. (Stony Plain is a real puzzle town, with some fine multis as well, and I've been lucky enough to have solved many of them.) Logged yesterday, edge of a forest, east of hospital and south of 44 ave, no houses nearby in Google Earth but presumably some there now. I think that's the one.

I know the owner, and will fire off a friendly note to him in just a moment. EDIT: Done.

Thanks djhotwheels for your concern about the cache, and maybe you'll join us in the game sometime.

Cheers,

VP

Edited by Viajero Perdido