A geocoin biography

kdv

I thought it would be fun to start a geocoin collection for my godson. He was born in January 2008 and of course I created a geocaching account for him the day he was born (account name: bruchino). Each coin is supposed to tell a piece of the story of his life. Currently his collection consists of the following coins:

1. "First Austrian Geocow Geocoin": bruchino's parents went on vacation to Austria about 9 months before he was born.

2. "Baby geocoin": the blue version of course

3. "Baby bottle geocoin": also blue

4. "GC&PC January 2008 geocoin": the month bruchino was born

5. The World's Best Dad Geocoin": bruchino is very fond of his dad!

6. "Cachepillar Geocoin": bruchino is a nickname his dad has given to him, and means 'small caterpillar'

7. "Summer Fun Pinwheel Geocoin": bruchino is fond of everything that spins and turns, including pinwheels.

8. "Quadcacher Geocoin": of course bruchino is fond of cars. And the purple color of this coin is the same color as his buggy.

9. "Nerd V2. Geocoin": I participated in the Nerd V2 group project and of course dedicated a coin to bruchino.

10. "Goudacat Geocoin": bruchino's family had a cat that looked exactly like the cat on this coin, Unfortunately she passed away this August.

11. "Annie M.G. Schmidt Geocoin": Annie Schmidt was a Dutch writer of children's books. Since I am Dutch myself, I try to share a bit of my culture with bruchino through her books.

12. "What's in Your Mailbox V2 Geocoin": bruchino's name is one of the many names on this coin.

Coins that are still on their way over to us:

13. "Poffertjes Geocoin": poffertjes are tiny Dutch pancakes, and sometimes bruchino helps me prepare them using a pan like the shape of this coin.

14. "Austrian Geokidz Geocoin": well bruchino is Italian, but he's also a little bit of an Austrian geokid (see coin 1)

Coins that I am currently looking for:

- Geocoin Club coin January 2008 - Bottle Opener: the month bruchino was born (see coin no. 4).

- "Bowling in Morgan" and/or "Bowling with the Hobos GCF 2009": bowling is bruchino's biggest passion at the moment (yesterday he threw 5 strikes in a row on the Wii!!)

Edited by kdv

I really like the thoughts you've put into the choice of coins for your grandson! It truely shows your love.

I'm certain he'll appreciate it more in a few years time, giving he's still quite young.

Unfortunately I have none of those coins you're seeking.

Edit: silly typo...

Edited by ElliPirelli

I've got one of the coins you're looking for -- sent you an email.

Answered and trade made! The Bowling in Morgan geocoin is in the pocket...oops, wrong game, that's more like Snooker I guess, not bowling...

Edit: silly typo...

Silly typo? What about calling me a grandma :P It's my godson, not my grandson :)

Thanks everyone for the compliments!

Edited by kdv