Is anybody interested in Geocaching stickers?

Mr Cornflake

Hi everybody

I'm not a big geocacher and am very new to these forums, and I'm not sure whether this is the right section or not but as it seems like a general discussion area I thought I could post it here.

So, I noticed these:

Stickers on eBay

stickers whilst browsing eBay yesterday. They look pretty good and are the cheapest there, so I was just pointing them out in case anyone was interested. I saw one thread once on some cheap tupperware containers once, and I just want to point out because I think I have to in a post like this:

I am in no way affliated or associated with the seller of this item. I was merely pointing out that they were cheap at the moment.

The stickers I now see are the cheapest on the whole site, rather than the yellow ones which are £1.49 + 99p P&P, these stickers are the full geocaching logo with colours and are £1.49 with free P&P.

So, for all of you eBay geocachers out there I thought I'd just let you know.

I'm certainly getting a few for myself and geocaching friends.

Goodbye

Edited by Mr Cornflake

Is it copyright infringement?

What about any other branded stickers people sell on eBay?

Yes, I suspect it is.

The question is whether it is worth the copyright holder's time to go after and shut down someone doing this in another country.

I suppose eBay would remove the listing if asked (by the copyright owner).

The international aspect makes the whole thing a bit messy.

If I want Geocaching stickers I will print them myself for my own use...no way would I try to sell them.

OK, now if you live in any of these places and you want some geocaching stickers you're in luck:

North America

South America

Europe

Asia

Australia

The seller now sends to these places for a 99p P&P charge, which is still however cheaper than the other guy with the yellow ones which the P&P is £1.49.

Sorry for the currencies as I realise I am addressing people (apart from the UK) that don't use sterling as their currency, but I have provided a link below anyway to a converter:

Currency Convertor

And the link for the stickers:

Geocaching Stickers on eBay

Edited by Mr Cornflake

What would make them legit and not legit? After all, when a 'legit' sticker and a 'non-legit' sticker both look the same, smell the same, both go well with strawberries and cream what's the difference?

You could say the same about counterfeit money, couldn't you? Or counterfeit anything, for that matter.

These sellers are sanctioned by Groundspeak and pay a 20% royalty of the total sales price. You can find them almost anywhere.

Others just avoid copyright infringements. :rolleyes:

Now that I look again, it even says, "Brand: Groundspeak" on the auction page. But where do I see that they are sanctioned by Groundspeak?

i have a strange feeling that Mr Cornflake is the seller :unsure:

I'm not the seller!!

I'm just informing you lot of a good deal out there related to geocaching. If you had read my first post you would've seen what I said about not being affiliated with the seller.

related to the seller perhaps? :anibad:

seriously, i don't think its anything to write home about

i can make my own, for my own personal use and without any copyright infringements

These sellers are sanctioned by Groundspeak and pay a 20% royalty of the total sales price. You can find them almost anywhere.

Now that I look again, it even says, "Brand: Groundspeak" on the auction page. But where do I see that they are sanctioned by Groundspeak?

I believe Groundspeak has a page of authorized dealers. Not all may be listed.

I applied for such a thing myself, but they wanted a higher percentage than I would make, so I dropped it.

Maybe sanctioned is the wrong word. To sell the logo, trade mark, signal, etc., you need to submit your books on a monthly basis as well as sign an impressive agreement.

I believe Groundspeak has a page of authorized dealers. Not all may be listed.

I applied for such a thing myself, but they wanted a higher percentage than I would make, so I dropped it.

Maybe sanctioned is the wrong word. To sell the logo, trade mark, signal, etc., you need to submit your books on a monthly basis as well as sign an impressive agreement.

Well, if the post above yours is correct, they weren't sanctioned very durned well.