How long before you should follow up to a contact@geocaching.com email?

Renegade Knight

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

My request is getting long in the tooth. How long is long enoug before you should follow up? How do you follow up?

==============================

Wherever you go there you are.

How important is your email, in the grand scheme of things, and does it require a reply?

If it's just a suggestion or request for a feature, I wouldn't expect a reply at all. If it's something important like a serious problem with a cache, (and it doesn't get handled without a reply) I would say follow up in a day or 2. Something inbetween that you really feel needs a reply, I would say give it 5-7 days.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

If I might build on what Mopar wrote - if you have a request that your friendly local admin (cache approver) could handle try him or her.

An example would be a cache you archived in error. Look who's name is in fine print at the base of another cache of yours and give that person a shout. I've got people e-mailing me all the time to run ideas by me or to ask a general or specific question.

erik - geocaching.com admin

I'm at 2 or more weeks and based on prior knowledge this is a Jeremy only issue, since he archived the cache in question at the request of an admin or a former admin. I'm not sure on that last point.

It's also a tricky subject in it's own right.

==============================

Wherever you go there you are.