Guidelines for placing geocaches in South Carolina

quadmommy

Ok, so I've been in Charleston South Carolina now for about 3 months. It is finally time for me to place some caches out there.

I want to know if there is a list a specific guidelines for South Carolina?? I have found info regarding the State parks and Charleston County parks.

Is there any information you can tell me besides the info on GC.com???

Edited by quadmommy

GPSFUN is the reviewer for SC, he is more than helpful. I do know that SC DOT has a policy that no caches are allowed on thier right of ways (the side of the road to include guard rails and bridges.) I had a couple caches not allowed because I had them on a guard rail on a small bridge on a back country paved road. I was told that hwy patrol will seek out the hider and fine them.

Ok, so I've been in Charleston South Carolina now for about 3 months. It is finally time for me to place some caches out there.

I want to know if there is a list a specific guidelines for South Carolina?? I have found info regarding the State parks and Charleston County parks.

BEST ADVICE: Contact GPSFun

BEST ADVICE: Contact GPSFun

GPSFun will help as has been mentioned. Also, I believe DNR lands prohibit geocaches. And no graveyard caches.

Craig

Thanks for your help. I did meet GPSFun at the Geocoin event. He was so nice. I think I will email him.

I was just wondering if there was something posted on the web about it. I came from Washington state. The WSGA has guidelines for the state parks on their website. This is the closest to that for SC I could find.

SCGO Code of Etiquette

Edited by quadmommy