Freaking log in again!?!?

Criminal

Seems better for me today, but I don't think I logged in from work at all. I'll do some more controlled testing tomorrow.

Thanks for finally getting this taken care of. It really is appreciated.

I don't mean to harp, but is there a reason that this very visible and significant problem wasn't addressed in a more timely manner? There also seemed to be almost no response whatsoever in the numerous threads regarding this issue in the forums.

Thanks again.

--

Pehmva!

Random quote:

sigimage.php

So far, so good. There are a couple of pages that still say "you are not logged in" but it hasn't forced me to log in yet. I've been able to get around those couple of pages.

Thank you for fixing this.

Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang interminable changes

On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- so:

"Something hidden. Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges --

"Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"

Rudyard Kipling , The Explorer 1898

quote:
Originally posted by Tsegi Mike and Desert Viking:

So far, so good. There are a couple of pages that still say "you are not logged in" but it hasn't forced me to log in yet. I've been able to get around those couple of pages.

I almost always see "you are not logged in" when going to the forum after first going to my home page.

But with the 8/6 fix, I can now click on login and it automatically logs me in. (That used to work about 10% of the time before.)

So I've been on two computers so far and this seems to be working exactly like it should.

I thought the last fix worked, but I got this today when I clicked on the email link from a user's profile page:

gc_login.gif

Jeremy, is there some type of "capture" we can do or source code we can copy when this happens that will help you fix the login problems?

Scott of Team GeoDillo

Charter Member

quote:
Originally posted by Team GeoDillo:

I thought the last fix worked, but I got this today when I clicked on the email link from a user's profile page:

http://robuck.net/temp/gc_login.gif

Jeremy, is there some type of "capture" we can do or source code we can copy when this happens that will help you fix the login problems?

Scott of Team GeoDillo

Charter Member

I got the same thing at 6:20 pm EDT

icon_mad.gifFormer EarthNOlink user!!!!!!!!! icon_mad.gif

icon_biggrin.gifTake a chance or you'll never know. Let your spirits soar! icon_wink.gif

I tried to e-mail someone through the website and it kicked me out. I'll try again and see if it works. I didn't have much time to deal with it at the time.

When I get on the forums, if I go directly to discussion, then I'm logged in. If I go to any other forum, I'm logged out. Weird, but tolerable for now.

Overall pretty minor compared to a few days ago.

quote:
Originally posted by Tsegi Mike and Desert Viking:

I tried to e-mail someone through the website and it kicked me out. I'll try again and see if it works. I didn't have much time to deal with it at the time.

If that happens again try this... hit refresh while on the error page. It will attempt to send the information again. Nine times out of ten the message will be sent. I see that when asking cachers questions about their caches and if I hit refresh they go through. FYI.

Things are definitely better. I hadn't been at work since Thursday and when I accessed the site this morning, I was still logged in. I'm hoping that this little annoyance is behind us... (I hope this solves Kablooey's problems with accessing the site from his sidekick.)

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"