Garmin GPSMAP 62s - got one ?

MrCJDL

Hi All,

Just wondering, does anyone (in UK) have a Garmin GPSMAP 62s, with the full country mapping ?

I've got an offer to buy one for £299.99, which seems pretty cheap considering you get full GB mapping... but wondering what sort of maps you get ? As far as I can tell it's OS Explorer 1:50k maps, or maybe Discover 1:25k maps.

So, does anyone have one, what kinda maps does it come with... and does £299.99 seem like a really good offer ?

Also, if anyone has any experience with uploading custom maps to it, that info would be good too :-)

Thanks,

Chris.

P.S. Posted in UK forum, rather than GPS forum as this is mainly relating to UK mapping, pls don't move !

I've got one with OS 1:50000 maps. I give it my ultimate accolade, if I lost it or broke it I'd buy another!

I thought long and hard as to whether to buy the 62 or an Oregon but decided I wanted the slightly more rugged 62 as opposed to the larger screen of the Oregon. If my only use for it was geocaching I might have gone for the Oregon. I have to say that the revised eTrex looks quite tasty too.

Edit to say that it works well with the Talkytoaster OSM maps.

Edited by The Patrician