Mac Users Arise!

TeamVE

Love my Mac! Wouldn't EVER trade it. I've been using them since 1984 and Apple IIe, II+ before them.

Of course before them was the TI90, Commordore 64 and Atari 800 icon_smile.gif.

I've worked on plenty of PCs, and still do, but the Mac is too comfortable to let go. Plus now that its practically a UNIX box, it never crashes!

I'm a mac guy. A recent switcher, in fact! Used to use a mac 12 years ago in college, then swithced to PCs after graduation. But now I'm back to the gool 'ol Mac.

Got my new 17" flatscreen iMac a couple of months ago. Any suggestions on using my Mac with my GPS unit?

quote:
Originally posted by brad.32:

Some of you are Mac users? Ugh.

Yeah, and I suppose you use Windows (any version), which is basically Microsoft's attempt to copy what apple did back in 1986 (except Windows crashes all the time). "Ugh" yourself! icon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by srumrill:

Yeah, and I suppose you use Windows (any version), which is basically Microsoft's attempt to copy what apple did back in 1986 (except Windows crashes all the time). "Ugh" yourself! icon_wink.gif

Which was a copy of what Xerox did years before Apple.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

quote:
Originally posted by Mopar:

No argument there. But I'm not saying, "Some of you are Xerox users? Ugh."

Xerox is the king of poineering great ideas, but failing to execute them. That's what Apple is for.

quote:
Originally posted by Mopar:

Yeah, but Xerox was in the business of making copies [icon_wink.gif]

So of course, now OS X is a copy of BSD Unix.....

----------------------------------

MnGCA-button.gif

----------------------------------

"The number you have reached is imaginary, please rotate your phone 90 degrees and try again... <beeeeep>"

My computer history beginning in the early 70's: mainframe (IBM, Univac) --> mini (Xerox, Wang) --> early pc (TRS-80, IBM-XT, Apple II) --> modern pc (Lisa, Windows) --> workstation (Sun) --> Mac (late 80's)

I've used them all, often side-by-side, and the Mac rules. That most people still struggle along on the hacked together Windows system is a testament to corporate power.