Inactive cache archived by reviewer. Why?

Viajero Perdido

I'd been meaning to go look for Woodpecker, out near Prince Rupert, some day.

The cache was placed in 2003 and it appears that there have been no attempts on the cache, no logs, since then. Today, a reviewer archived it without explanation.

Why?

I like remote, inactive caches. Is there some new "timeout" policy I should know about?

(An Ontario reviewer gave me a similar scare a few years back, but that seems to have been a rogue initiative. Might this be the same?)

Interesting. All three of the CO's caches were archived today. No reason cited for any of the archivals.

Look at GCD124 Squeely McNeily. The cache was planted in 2003. The only log in the cache is a DNF in 2006 which reports a lot had changed in 3 years and the trail was now grown over. No response from the CO. It's now 5 years later.

Also GCDB48 Blainie Blaster, planted in 2003, DNF in June 2006 then one in October 2006, no logged finds, no response from the CO, then an NA in December 2011.

Looks like the CO has quit geocaching sometime before 2006.

Edited by Lone R

There is another cache nearby Squeely NcNeily that never been found and the CO havent been around for years.

http://www.geocachin....aspx?wp=GCD1DF

It was also published in 2003 (different CO). First log a DNF in 2006. Then a NM later in 2006. But no logs since and no recent NA. That's an old NM and it would not alert the Reviewer. I think the recent NA in Blaine Blaster cache got all 3 of that absentee CO's caches archived.