Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
scrapcat

"Busy Day"

Hi,

I'm relatively new to caching and recently attended my first event. The other cachers were talking about completing their first "Busy Day". I tried to ask what that was, but the room we were in was too loud to hear.

What is a "Busy Day"?

I've been searching the forum but don't see my answer. I apologize if I missed it.

A "busy day" means getting at least one of the most number of different cache types in a day: Traditional, Puzzle, Earth Cache, Virtual, Multi, Letter Box Hybrid, Wherigo, Event, CITO, Mega Event, etc. Often times it is done to meet some sort of challenge or challenge cache.

Hi,

I'm relatively new to caching and recently attended my first event. The other cachers were talking about completing their first "Busy Day". I tried to ask what that was, but the room we were in was too loud to hear.

What is a "Busy Day"?

I've been searching the forum but don't see my answer. I apologize if I missed it.

To learn about "Busy Day," you need to learn about Challenge Caches. Check that out here: http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=206

Once you understand what a Challenge Cache is, look at these caches (or at least the ones with the Unknown/Puzzle icon):

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?key=busy+day&submit4=Go

Edited by St.Matthew

Hey, thanks for asking about this. I have never heard of that before and I have been caching for a couple of years. I just learned something new. Thanks.

What is the best possible scenario for a busy day? 11? 12?

14 minutes ago, unimoggers said:

Well, a busy day with 10 types could be done with:

1. traditional cache
  2. mystery/puzzle cache
  3. multi-cache
  4. EarthCache
  5. letterbox hybrid
  6. event
  7. CITO event
  8. Wherigo cache
  9. virtual cache
  10. webcam cache

The following are available to boost that to 11 or 12 types:

• mega-event
  • giga-event
  • Geocaching HQ
  • GPS Adventures Maze exhibit
  • Project APE cache

I think combining Geocaching HQ and the nearby Project APE cache would be your best bet for 12 types. Or maybe if there's a mega- or giga-event near Geocaching HQ, although I've heard that event stacking rules make it hard to list regular events or CITO events near a mega- or giga-event.

6 hours ago, unimoggers said:

Around a little while, the first time hearing about it.   Thanks for reopening this.  :)

I'm still challenge cache - free,  so nothing I need to be concerned with I guess. 

For me, a "busy" day would be a 5T or two, or a lengthy paddle-to.

• Love 1