HELP! Cannot find caches

msmith89

I have a Garmin nuvi 255w and I am trying to download the caches to my GPS and they used to upload in my favorites folder but now I cannot figure out where they are! I have taken some time off from caching and it looks like they changed things because I also recall downloading multiple caches at once but I can't find that either.

Don't know about the 255, but on my 1490 they download OK as favorites. How/what are you using to download them to your nuvi?

Im using my laptop and connecting it with the USB cord. I am using the google map to add them like I used to when they went to my favorites but its not working anymore.

OP's not a premium member though, so can't generate PQs :)

Dirty secret, but .LOC files are semi GPX format, so a simple run through EasyGPS, and re-saving them as .GPX should do the trick.

If the 255w is like the old 205, and 1300, simply dropping them into the gpx folder won't do it that easily.. they need to be converted

to Points Of Interest (POI) format, and so-far, only GPS-Babel & Garmin's POI loader are capable of that task, and they will show up in the

the Extras once loaded those ways.

In the past I have been able to export caches to a .gpx file through GSAK and drag the file into the GPX folder on my NUVI 255W. They will show up as favorites. It worked three days ago, but when I tried it today it is not working. After turning the NUVI on, after a few seconds it shuts itself off. Then when I power it up a second time and check the favorites, there is no data. Anyone know how to fix this?

Don't know about the 255, but on my 1490 they download OK as favorites. How/what are you using to download them to your nuvi?

Im using my laptop and connecting it with the USB cord. I am using the google map to add them like I used to when they went to my favorites but its not working anymore.

After downloading them they should be in the GPX folder on your nuvi, are they there? If not something is going wrong with the transfer.

Where is that folder? I dont even see it.