Palmable Data

Chris n Maria

Two requests really:

1. I'd like the "print friendly" version of the page to strip off everything except the stuff in the white box - would save a lot of paper.

2. A resolution to the Palmable Geocaching Issue

In the meantime keep up the good work.

Chris

"We're not lost - we just don't know where we are"

London & UK Geocaching Resources: http://www.sheps.clara.net/Index.html

While I don't print my cache pages, a resolution, OR EVEN A RESPONSE, to the the palmable caching issue would be VERY MUCH appreciated. I wish I had waited a while before signing up as a PAYING user, had I been aware of the obstructionist and unresponsive path that Jeremy is taking in regards to this, I might not have put my money into this site.

There is a very very useful resource available right now, but it appears that Groundspeak is not only NOT co-operating with the author, who has provided the resource as well as the web page free of charge to anyone, but has actually taking steps to obstruct this excellent resource. Worse, despite ALL the requests for a response, Jeremy remains silent in the public forums on this. This doesn't look good, and I really don't understand why this is happening.

Jeremy where are you? Let's hear from you on this.

ummmm....not sure what to say here....so ummm, well errrr, uhhhh, well I guess that's it.

In order to strip down the text I find it's not too hard to cut and past to a word processor. Highlight the text, copy to clipboard, paste in word processor, then edit out junk. I usually get 2-3 sets of data to a page.

On another note; I'd like to see a feature on the advanced search that adds a direction to the criteria. For example, caches within 25 miles of specific zip code, AND that are south west in bearing. This would help to group the caches, not by distance so much as by general area where I plan to be.

Also, I'd like logged caches to disappear from view except on the "my caches" page. When I'm searching for caches, I don't want to see the ones I've already been to. Perhaps this could be a 'user specific' parameter since others might have different preferences.

quote:
Originally posted by medicineman:

On another note; I'd like to see a feature on the advanced search that adds a direction to the criteria. For example, caches within 25 miles of specific zip code, AND that are south west in bearing.

You could get almost the same effect by choosing a starting point 12.5 miles southwest of your original point and specifying a search radius of 12.5 miles.

Originally posted by Chris n Maria:

Two requests really:

1. I'd like the "print friendly" version of the page to strip off everything except the stuff in the white box - would save a lot of paper.

2. A resolution to the http://opentopic.Groundspeak.com/0/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1750973553&f=3000917383&m=2870959104

Hey - I'll add to this... If you resolve these two issues, I'll become a paying member.

icon_biggrin.gif

I use my palm for everything! I even use it with a GPS hookup. I would love to be able to view the cache info in my palm.... even decrypt the hint... Which I hear can be done...

NEway... the other issue is wasting my green ink... blue and yellow actually...

icon_confused.gif

Originally posted by Chris n Maria:

Two requests really:

2. A resolution to the http://opentopic.Groundspeak.com/0/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1750973553&f=3000917383&m=2870959104

Hey - I'll add to this... If you resolve these two issues, I'll become a paying member.

icon_biggrin.gif

I use my palm for everything! I even use it with a GPS hookup. I would love to be able to view the cache info in my palm.... even decrypt the hint... Which I hear can be done...

NEway... the other issue is wasting my green ink... blue and yellow actually...

icon_confused.gif