Geocaching History Photo Contest

GeoLobo

I have a set of 7 authentic geocaching trading cards (signature items) by the Blueline Geocachers (GeoLobo/Bluegirl)

http://www.bluelinegeocachers.org/images/tradingcards/

Card Specs... 2.5”x3.5”, 4/4, UV, 16pt w/ sleeves

I will give a set to each person who posts the best photo of any of the following people, places, or things related to the history of Geocaching

1.) Dave Ulmer - Great American GPS Stash Hunt

2.) Mike Teague -"GPS Stash Hunt" mailing list

3.) Matt Stum -first coined the term Geocaching

4.) Jeremy Irish - founder of geocaching.com

5.) Elias Alvord - founder of geocaching.com

6.) Bryan Roth - founder of geocaching.com

7.) Jon Stanley - Moun10Bike - first geocoin

8.) Groundspeak - geocaching headquarters in Seattle Washington

9.) Signal the Frog - The geocaching mascot

10.) ? Mystery Photo

All photos must be photos taken by the contestant and therefore have no copyright. Any photos posted will become property of the General Public

When posting photos, please state which number and category your photo is being submitted for. Post only one photo per category (per geonick). Make a separate post for each photo for any additional category you are submitting for.

NOTE: You can only win one set of cards, however, posting in multiple categories can increase your chance of winning in one of the categories.

The 10th category: ? Mystery Photo is open to any photos related to the history of geocaching not listed above. Think of it as a general category.

Example (geocoins, pathtags, events, cache types, aniversarys, etc).

This contest will end 1 month from today on January 7th. The 10 winners will be announced on this thread.

Edited by GeoLobo

Please enlighten me. Why would this thread have a lock placed on it?

No obtained permission from GS in the first post.

All I can see in the Forum Guidelines that you might be thinking of is surveys:

9. We generally do not allow surveys to be conducted using this forum.

There is no mention of contests at all. Commercial content is mentioned, but I see nothing like that in GeoLobo's post.

Edited by knowschad

There is no mention of contests at all. Commercial content is mentioned, but I see nothing like that in GeoLobo's post.

They have contests in the geocoin section all the time, so I think it's considered ok, but I wouldn't recommend quoting me on that. Just in case, IBTL?

My bad, it looks commercial from my stand point. I thought he might be selling them if anyone want one(under the table). Plus, my understand of the word trading is somewhat selling even there is no money that change hands.

I am sorry for derailing this thread. Back on the topic.

The 10th category: ? Mystery Photo is open to any photos related to the history of geocaching not listed above. Think of it as a general category.

e4a24160-566e-4384-a4c2-59d64eb59b35.jpg

Here's a bit of geocaching history. See there was this guy that thought it might fun to give away 13,000 caches at the first Mega event just to see where they would end up and who they would connect with, but it was really just an attempt to destroy geocaching. He wasn't foolin' anyone. :laughing:

Here's a bit of geocaching history. See there was this guy that thought it might fun to give away 13,000 caches at the first Mega event just to see where they would end up and who they would connect with, but it was really just an attempt to destroy geocaching. He wasn't foolin' anyone. :laughing:

Are you talking about the One Degree of Separation Project?

Yep. That dude really had some nerve. He started all the microproliferation we see today. :anibad:

Yep. That dude really had some nerve. He started all the microproliferation we see today. :anibad:

Now things are adding up. :blink:

What is his SN if I dare ask?

What does SN mean? :unsure:

What does SN mean? :unsure:

A quick google search, I know who did it. :laughing:

OMG! Folgers jugs! :o:(

You need to put this photo in Photos/Images of bad cache containers.

My thought as well!

Also, I was wondering if even one of the originals are still around.

Yep, there are a few of the originals still around after 6+ years. The nerve of that guy only spending $500 of his own money when he could have spent $15k+ to do it all with ammo cans. Some cachers really are inconsiderate. :laughing:

My thought as well!

Yep, there are a few of the originals still around after 6+ years. The nerve of that guy only spending $500 of his own money when he could have spent $15k+ to do it all with ammo cans. Some cachers really are inconsiderate. :laughing:

At least you're set for life on coffee! :P

My thought as well!

At least you're set for life on coffee! :P

I don't drink coffee. Can't stand the taste, but I love the smell. Ironic huh?:laughing:

Edited by Snoogans

Not to mention that plastic coffee cans suck as containers.

78cafd83-d39f-4a47-8d99-cb25db6f72e9.jpg

Presenting a 'Beware of Attack Hamsters' sign to The Leprechauns, the creator of Hamstercaching.

I'd been dragging that thing around for two years trying to hand it off to him. I thought about making it into a TB with that as the mission, but was afraid it would never get to him that way.

What a cool idea...a trackable with a mission to find a cacher.

78cafd83-d39f-4a47-8d99-cb25db6f72e9.jpg

Presenting a 'Beware of Attack Hamsters' sign to The Leprechauns, the creator of Hamstercaching.

I'd been dragging that thing around for two years trying to hand it off to him. I thought about making it into a TB with that as the mission, but was afraid it would never get to him that way.

An historic event and one I was proud to witness.