A Croc Ate My Cache! Geocoin

jpbarr

So,after much designing and no cash I was losing hope of ever getting one of my designs made into a coin.

But now things are looking up thanks to a chance conversation with Mike at Cacheaddicts it looks like they will be producing it. From what I understand they have a few projects in the works and may be coming to my design sometime in March. Hope you like it and I will keep you posted.crocatemycachefinalcolo.jpg

I Have a few more projects in the works and will post designs as and when I find how i will get them made :)

Nice design JP. I will make sure to show it around to some of the local collectors when it comes out.

Thanks Tim, I decided that rather than my designs sit collecting dust due to lack of funds I would let a couple of them out of my hands and get my name out there as a coin designer so that when I finally do one for myself it should do ok :) You can check out a couple of other designs on my new Facebook page,

http://www.facebook.com/pages/JPs-Geocoins/103625523089318

So,after much designing and no cash I was losing hope of ever getting one of my designs made into a coin.

But now things are looking up thanks to a chance conversation with Mike at Cacheaddicts it looks like they will be producing it. From what I understand they have a few projects in the works and may be coming to my design sometime in March. Hope you like it and I will keep you posted.crocatemycachefinalcolo.jpg

I Have a few more projects in the works and will post designs as and when I find how i will get them made :)

Congratulations JP on your 1st project :)

I certainly know the feeling of not wanting to let your ideas out for someone else to do! Alas, that means your ideas might never get done.

But soon... :)

I decided that it was worth the sacrifice....besides I have more than enough ideas just need a bit of time to get them on paper :P

Thanks, I know it's quite a simple coin but not bad for a first one :) But I thought quite a good one for my fellow geocoiners to notice me, as it should appeal to wide range of people. Or at least i hope so :)

Edited by jpbarr

I have just received a set of samples from Mike at Cachaddict and believe me when I say...these look so much better in hand than in the photos :) I am really happy with the way they turned out.

I reserved a gold version of this coin a few days ago. I'm just starting to view the discussions here on this forum and came across this post. Very cool coin! I live in Florida and have had experiences with gator hunting; felt this coin would be a neat addition to my collection.

I have just sent an email to CacheAddict asking the same question. From what I understand the order was given to the mint mid April. As soon as I know something more I will let you all know :)

Thanks for everyones support for my first geocoin and I'm sure everything will be moving along soon.

Ok, I just heard back from CacheAddict and they have told me that the coins are being shipped from the mint on Friday and should with them by Monday. And I guess all orders will be sent out next week?

I hope that helps. :)

Will there be a special icon for this coin?

I would have liked there to be but as far as I know CacheAddict told me that there would only be an icon if he sold 250 coins but he only ordered 100, I don't know if he is planning to re-mint or not. Sorry I can't help any more than that.