Anyone up for a group outing

The day was great. It started with the breakfast meet and a chance to chat over coffee and cakes. There was a good mix of those doing the series and those who weren't. I was off just after 09:00 with Grizzly, Snapper and Racheal. Racheal left us at number 15 which came round very quickly and was a shame. The next milestone at number 61 was very welcoming and the coffee went down well. By number 104 my legs were telling me that they had had enough and it was a great sight to see Ray walking through the car park with his usual smile. As has been said, each cache in isolation is nothing special, but as a collection they are just great, add to that fun company and the dry(ish) weather, and the day was perfect (even the mud didn't get us down). I'm just amazed we stayed on our feet without slipping over.

Many thanks to metal-bijou for organising the event and to Mel and Ray for their usual generous hospitality.

Now that I've logged them, I see that I've done about a dozen of them four years ago on a bike trip along this towpath. I remember the trip, but it was so much easier on the bike!

It's now about 24 hours after the walk, and I'm beginning to be able to stagger a little. With luck, I might make a partial recovery, but playing the violin is not going to be a possibility..

What happened to number CBN 088?

Now that I've logged them, I see that I've done about a dozen of them four years ago on a bike trip along this towpath. I remember the trip, but it was so much easier on the bike!

It's now about 24 hours after the walk, and I'm beginning to be able to stagger a little. With luck, I might make a partial recovery, but playing the violin is not going to be a possibility..

What happened to number CBN 088?

OK, I see, it's CBN 88

I'd already done 15 of this series.

Well I wasn't aching until I went to bed last night and this morning I can certainly feel a bit of a stretch. However my boot soles fell apart around the Papermill lock (our lunch stop) and my heels are now a bleeding mess. So now I have to wait for my heels to mend before I can break in new boots. I wonder how the two young lads that came along fare today. I bet they are running around not even noticing that they were on a stroll a couple of days ago.

A huge thank you goes out to all those that joined me and Heff for this very pleasant stroll. It was a great challenge and I thoroughly enjoyed the company of all. So nice to have such a wide spectrum of cachers. As for who was at the rear, well I know I was at times. In fact I think we all were at times. By the very nature of the cache hides and the bouncing around of the group made for great conversation and distraction from the muddy footpath.

We never had to spend long searching for a cache (retrieving one took a little longer but that was so much fun even if I did get an earful). It was only after about 70 caches of the series that I called for more original hints in jest and thankfully was rewarded with more original hints. CBN is certainly a power trail and doesn’t try to hide that fact; it is however a very pleasant stroll where you feel away from the world.

With personal taxi service and hot drinks to conclude from the CO, we couldn’t have been better looked after and certainly adds to the positive experience.

I would certainly recommend getting a group together to attack this trail and enjoy a different caching experience.