How to Find user w/no caches found yet?

Jennifer&Dean

This may be a strange question, but I am wondering how to go about seeing the profile of a user who has never found a cache, or posted in the forums? I recieved a complimentary e-mail from this person, and wanted to see their profile. But when I search for caches found, they have none, so I cannot get to their profile that way. And I haven't seen their name attached to any posts in the forums, or logged into the forums. I did do a couple of searches, but they didn't help much. Any ideas? Am I missing something silly.

If it isn't something that can be done, I vote it be something that the new site can do.

-Jennifer

According to his or her personal experience, each person must decide by himself or herself where they have been. Always for me the most important thing is not where the others have gone but the experience lived through.-Reinhold Messner

Similar request:

The person who took my travel bug 3 weeks ago signed the log book, so I know his name is Brad and he is from Kansas.

It would be nice to be able to search for people based on different criteria, so I could E-mail him. (He does not log his caches on-line it seems.)

DustyJacket

Not all those that wander are lost. But in my case... icon_biggrin.gif

Trying this for the second time! icon_mad.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Jennifer & Dean:

But when I search for caches found, they have none, so I cannot get to their profile that way.

If they have any cache hides listed with gc.com you could try:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest_cache.asp?u=skydiver

Just replace 'skydiver' with whatever this persons user name is, assuming you know it.

quote:
And I haven't seen their name attached to any posts in the forums, or logged into the forums. I did do a couple of searches, but they didn't help much. Any ideas?

Maybe you tried this, but using the advanced search, you can search by author name.

You might also try adding this person to your contacts (listed under "my space"), which has a (sort of) search. Here's the jennifer list(I hope icon_biggrin.gif) But these might just be the ones that have been to the forums (anyone know? icon_confused.gif).

I've had a similar problem along the same lines. I've posted messages and logged a note to a cache, but never a find and you can't get my ID to come up when searching in the

quote:
Contacts
section of
quote:
My Space
. Adversely, my friend has logged a handful of finds, but has never posted a message and his ID will not come up in the
quote:
Contacts
search either... so there is no way to add him to my Contacts List. This sounds like a minor bug we'll just have to live with until Elias can get it.

- Yukon Cornelius

Thanks everyone!

I found the person, but had to wait until they found a cache to find them. It would be really nice to be able to type jen* and find out how many persons have names that start with jen. Then be able to look at each profile page that way. Otherwise, you HAVE to know the name, and the correct spelling to find anyone in here.

-Jennifer

According to his or her personal experience, each person must decide by himself or herself where they have been. Always for me the most important thing is not where the others have gone but the experience lived through.-Reinhold Messner

quote:
DustyJacket wrote:

The person who took my travel bug 3 weeks ago signed the log book, so I know his name is Brad and he is from Kansas.

It would be nice to be able to search for people based on different criteria, so I could E-mail him. (He does not log his caches on-line it seems.)

Same problem here. My TB was noted as missing from its last cache 3 weeks ago. I did the cache myself on Monday, and it was taken by people who logged in the logbook but not on the website.

There seem to be quite a few people who don't log on the site - I find that hard to understand. If they're geocaching regularly, and at least some of them are, then they're accessing the site, so why not log their finds there?

Bill