Wrong Begin point

Mole60

Hi, I have a Colorado 300. I live in Canada and am now travelling in Singapore. I cleared all track data, reset trip data, before doing a new track in Singapore. But when I tried to archive it, the Begin point of the track starts at my last point in Canada. How can I clear that Begin point so that it starts off in Singapore? Can anyone help?

thanks to all for the helpful replies. I will study them and see what I should be doing. Another question I need answered -- I use a MacBook and would like to find a good mapping software to use for seeing my tracks on the computer. any suggestions?

Edited by Mole60

All you will ever want to know is here :)

Actually that page is wrong. Partial track archiving has always been broken on Colorados.

You need to edit the track off of the GPS and save it back to the unit.

Okay! Thanks. That tell s me that I cannot do any editing on the GPS unit and I HAVE to wait till I download the track, then delete what points I don't want.

All you will ever want to know is here :)

Actually that page is wrong. Partial track archiving has always been broken on Colorados.

You need to edit the track off of the GPS and save it back to the unit.

The 62S has the same limitation, as far as I can tell. If I turn the GPS on right now, and want to walk this trail in front of me, and then save it when I get to the end, there ain't no way to save a partial track on the unit. Maybe someday, sometime, when I get back to the computer I can tediously find the start point and end point, if I can remember, and waste an hour reconstructing something that should have been there originally... What a pain! What a loss of functionality!