COMPLETED (32582) - [BUG] pictures displayed in a stamp sized window

DanPan

Now pictures in the logs are displayed in a stamp sized window.

Before the update uploaded pictures were shown much larger.

The image URL is the wrong one for the standard size image, but only on the cache listing page.

The popup image should be the same URL as the one popped up when clicking on the gallery page itself.

Please fix it.

The image URL is the wrong one for the standard size image, but only on the cache listing page.

The popup image should be the same URL as the one popped up when clicking on the gallery page itself.

As commented word for word by me here ;)

I think the url is the same as before, but they changed the method of displaying popup picture.

Now pictures in the logs are displayed in a stamp sized window.

Before the update uploaded pictures were shown much larger.

Please fix it.

Yes, this needs fixed.

What is the deal with Groundspeak shrinking everything? It seems like every time they do an update they shrink something! First it was the public profile page, then the public profile picture now all the log pictures have been shrunk to a ridiculously small size!!! Where do it all end? Do we the members that pay and keep Groundspeak in business have a say in these changes? I for one don't like any of these shrinking changes!!I would like to see things brought back to normal size again!!

The trackables have always pointed to the smaller display image, but I've added a request to the database to make the links on trackable pages point to the larger image version (entry #32613).

Domo once again!!!

Thanks Moun10Bike for the request.

Don't we ALL love trackables, AND pictures, too! :P

~ Dr.MORO

The links to the pictures attached directly to the listing still point to the smaller versions. For example on http://coord.info/GC1W4YP scroll down to just before where the logs start and click on the link "rockway".

Man, it's like people are using gc.com for an image hosting service ;) ;)

j/k.

It is another bug that could be hotfixed, I would guess, like the log thumbnails.

I've added a bug for that as well (#32616).

Hello,

since the last site update on Dec., 6th I got the follwing problem:

when I click on the links in the cache description to view a (Spoiler-)Picture they are only displayed in the size of a small stamp. Changing the word "display" to "cache" in the URL of the Link shows the picture in a larger size.

Can you fix it please. By viewing the pictures in a small size, lots of details are lost. And for pictures you need for solving Mystery Caches it is difficult to read text in the picture itself. As a workaround, you can copy the URL and change "display" to "cache" and the picture is displayed larger but it no way for all times to get larger pics.

Or is there a way to set an option in the User Profile to get larger pics?

Regards

HJS

I uploaded an image to my cache page a few days ago. This worked fine:

http://img.geocaching.com/cache/e9950a6f-3090-42b4-a2e6-de551b5ced93.jpg

Now, I corrected a few things in the image, leaving its dimensions (320x240) intact, but when I upload it now, the image gets rescaled to:

http://img.geocaching.com/cache/display/70d824e0-55fc-4da7-a89a-1c1aac817fa4.jpg

Note the word 'display' in the URL. What's going on here?

Omitting the word 'display' manually fixes the problem.

As HJS in post #26 already noted, clicking on (Spoiler) pictures in the LISTING still brings up tiny images.

When will THIS be fixed?

It also seems, that recently IPTC/EXIF data get lost, while uploading images to a listing (or logs or elsewhere)

So for new Mystery Caches it is no more possible to hide Information or Coordinates in this data.

Is this a bug?

At all it seems GS forces wants the user to use external imagehoster instead of uploading images to gc.com to save its own server space

As HJS in post #26 already noted, clicking on (Spoiler) pictures in the LISTING still brings up tiny images.

When will THIS be fixed?

It also seems, that recently IPTC/EXIF data get lost, while uploading images to a listing (or logs or elsewhere)

So for new Mystery Caches it is no more possible to hide Information or Coordinates in this data.

Is this a bug?

At all it seems GS forces wants the user to use external imagehoster instead of uploading images to gc.com to save its own server space

Pretty active imagination, eh?

Moun10bike's answer.

Is this a bug?

if that is true, i love it...do you know how many people give away the coordinates to mysteries and multies because they don't edit the pictures before uploading?

plus it saves me from editing my own

since when is GC a photo hosting site?

its fine uploading pictures to logs, but some people use it for their own personal albums

Hello,

since the last site update on Dec., 6th I got the follwing problem:

when I click on the links in the cache description to view a (Spoiler-)Picture they are only displayed in the size of a small stamp. Changing the word "display" to "cache" in the URL of the Link shows the picture in a larger size.

Can you fix it please. By viewing the pictures in a small size, lots of details are lost. And for pictures you need for solving Mystery Caches it is difficult to read text in the picture itself. As a workaround, you can copy the URL and change "display" to "cache" and the picture is displayed larger but it no way for all times to get larger pics.

Or is there a way to set an option in the User Profile to get larger pics?

Regards

HJS

Like he said.

"change "display" to "cache".

Works fine for me.

It looks like the pictures which cache owners place with assignments and things, which need to be printed, are all reduced in size (since a GC update), so they can't be printed anymore. I know of several caches were the pictures were normal sized, fine to be printed, all of a sudden are reduced to thumbnail size.

Domo!!!

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed bug in Trackable stats panel which caused a generic TB icon to be displayed in place of the Trackable's default image. Domo!

Reloaded the webpage several times, and FINALLY!

All fixed!

Great Job, Lackeys!

And thanks for the quoting, Moun10Bike!

Honored!

~ Dr.MORO