Shop Geocaching - see what's new!

Just in the time for the holidays, we've added several new items to Shop Geocaching!

A limited edition 2011 Christmas tree ornament! Get this before it's gone!

2011-ornament_135.jpg

Just added yesterday, our Hide It, Find It, Log It T-shirt!

hide-it-shirt_135.jpg

A great little nano speck light to add to your jacket zipper!

flashlight-clips_135.gif

For the smart phone cacher, we've added a geocaching phone starter kit!

smart-phone-kit_135_1.jpg

The first ever Challenges Geocoin!

challenges-geocoin_135.jpg

We've also added a line of Hamster T-Shirts and Trackable Tags, Trackable Walking Sticks, a new style of cool cloth bandana, new Cachekinz, new Cachebuddies and so much more!! Check out all the new items here!

For shoppers outside the United States, please check with our international distributors for official gear.

Happy Holiday and Happy Caching from all of us here at Groundspeak!

We appreciate your feedback on this and will take it into consideration. We currently work with a lot of distributors around the world that provide official geocaching gear to various countries. You'll want to check their websites from this link: http://shop.geocaching.com/default/international-retailers/.

i agree with Team Pixos, shipping is not that expensive to Canada

there are many items that no store carries them here

and there's the mark up to deal with, take the TB for example, i've seen it as much as double the price Groundspeak sells it for plus tax

why is European Union listed as a country?

We would really love a trackable license plate for the front of our geomobile. Any chance we'll see that in the store one day?

Most states require a front license plate on a car and to not have one is a violation of the vehicle laws. Mississippi one of the few states that does not require a front license plate.

Where I live we have a different Christmas tree ornament every year sold by our County Tourism. This year it is the Upper Falls of Little Stony featured on the ornament, which is also a listed EarthCache and tourist attraction. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=c40275db-a2d1-4434-868d-f88b9be93e23

I'm guessing that has something to do with one of the tourism members being a geocacher. :D

Myself? I'm a geocoin collector, and just have to have that challange coin! :anibad:

We would really love a trackable license plate for the front of our geomobile. Any chance we'll see that in the store one day?

Most states require a front license plate on a car and to not have one is a violation of the vehicle laws. Mississippi one of the few states that does not require a front license plate.

In fact there is a total 19 states that doesn't require a front license plate. Most of them are in the deep south.

I don't see how that should prevent anyone from selling one. It's up to the buyer to adhere to their local laws, Groundspeak isn't in the traffic law enforcement business.

why is European Union listed as a country?

We have many European distributors that can ship throughout the European Union. You'll find most of those distributors are listed in that category as well as the country they're located in. This helps for those cachers located in countries that don't have a distributor yet.

We think this is a great idea too and have been looking into options. :)

Can the christmas ornament function as a geocache? That's what I thought, and I was thinking about buying it. But rereading it, it says nothing about being hidable.

This is a fun idea - maybe we'll be able to do something like this next year. But this year's ornament is meant for a tree as you see here...

hero_winter2011_wave2.jpg

PA to name another. Nice idea though.

How about alternately a trackable plate 'cover' ?

For next year -- we need Signal wrapping paper! I see lots of places online where either a roll or a sheet (folded) could be ordered. That would be great for geocaching Christmas gifts. In fact, it would be pretty cool all year long for events and such. Maybe a couple of choices -- one for holiday and another for every day? Or possibly a pack with several sheets for various occasions? Sort of like below:

signalwrappingpaper.jpg

For next year -- we need Signal wrapping paper! I see lots of places online where either a roll or a sheet (folded) could be ordered. That would be great for geocaching Christmas gifts. In fact, it would be pretty cool all year long for events and such. Maybe a couple of choices -- one for holiday and another for every day? Or possibly a pack with several sheets for various occasions? Sort of like below:

I'm thinking this would be great for use at geocaching events.

--Larry

P.S. Loved your soulful rendition of "Signal Baby" :)

Edited by larryc43230

From the Weekly Mailer:

Give the Gift of Geocaching Premium

What better gift to give the geocacher in your life than more time to go geocaching? Geocaching Premium provides advanced features and functionality that streamline the geocaching adventure so your favorite geocacher (or geocacher-to-be) can spend less time at the computer and more time outside searching for geocaches. Groundspeak Gift Memberships provide the recipient with 12 months of Geocaching Premium access. The gift can be used to upgrade a Basic Member or to extend an existing Premium Membership by a year. And Geocaching Premium Membership is one gift they won't have to wait for, since Groundspeak Gift Memberships are immediately credited to users' accounts.

If you want to upgrade someone to Geocaching Premium, but prefer to have something physical for them to unwrap, check out the Premium Membership Gift Card, which can be purchased through Shop Geocaching or through selected International Retailers.

With all the time your special geocacher will save with Geocaching Premium, they might just have enough time to give you the gift of Premium Membership.

Hamster-weekly-mailer.png

We think this is a great idea too and have been looking into options. :)

In New Zealand the option is to get a personalised plate. Guwapo's CacheMobile will soon be sporting one from Plates. I'm sure other countries and US states have similar schemes.

I just renewed my membership.

I filled in all my credit card info and wished there was a button to hit so I could add on some supplies at the same time.

I would have bought some stuff at that moment. It makes one in the mood having just purchased membership. Perhaps you can add that as an option. A lot of other websites do it.

Ambrosia, The cache should always be in an interesting spot, right? :laughing:

"When you go to hide a geocache, think of the reason you are bringing people to that spot. If the only reason is for the geocache, then find a better spot." – briansnat

The design moves around depending on the size of shirt you purchase.

"When you go to hide a geocache, think of the reason you are bringing people to that spot. If the only reason is for the geocache, then find a better spot." – briansnat

Also dependent on the size and shape of the underlayment. :grin:

Can we keep it on topic? :laughing:

:P

Took the words out of my mouth. :laughing:

Sooo...what we're saying here, is that if you order a t-shirt, you won't know until you try it on how it will look on you. I'm not sure if I'm brave enough! :blink: (But I really like the shirt!)

Edited by Ambrosia