Puzzle Schmuzzle

trevorh7000

Team Zenboom has presented a puzzle that I can't see!

Magnum has remained unsolved for a while and if anyone is close they are not saying much

Article 360 still has me confused.

Not to mention Too bad I hid a boot, the number crunches and dogs breakfast - and all the other on Puzzle Ridge!

I am busy thinking up my own multi-puzzle cache so beware all you puzzlers out there. Then I can sit back and have a laugh!

I will be watching zens cache as it is very close to my home coords.......

Trev

ok - no success yet, so adding a geochecker shortly.

Well your geochecker is showing 1 correct guess but no logs yet - and I can't even begin to think on what the puzzle is?

Pixel and possum make no mention of solving the puzzle so I wonder if they misread the cache and were searching for it at the listed coords?

I was thinking I might have to pay a visit to each of the caches listed for a clue as I can't glean anything from their respective pages and logs - unless I am missing the obvious - which is most likely the case.

will be watching this one with interest.

trev

Edited by trevorh7000

BLAST! The cache has been logged - well done Brian - this puzzle is not that easy or else more than 2 people would have solved it!

Well I guess there will soon be talk of how to do it or perhaps a clue from Zen!

Trev

Both ticks are from me btw... Wanted to look at geochecker again on site. Anyway... If you think you know where it is, then it's probably there... Play with the east on your answer.

As for Article 360... based on the conversation you were having with others on Facebook, I'd say you have all the information required to solve it.

And Magnum... Well now that seems to be the big stickler in the Cape. Haven't seen a cache go unlogged on the peninsula for that long... ever.

BLAST! The cache has been logged - well done Brian - this puzzle is not that easy or else more than 2 people would have solved it!

Well I guess there will soon be talk of how to do it or perhaps a clue from Zen!

Trev

Both ticks are from me btw... Wanted to look at geochecker again on site. Anyway... If you think you know where it is, then it's probably there... Play with the east on your answer.

As for Article 360... based on the conversation you were having with others on Facebook, I'd say you have all the information required to solve it.

And Magnum... Well now that seems to be the big stickler in the Cape. Haven't seen a cache go unlogged on the peninsula for that long... ever.

My brain is worn out I think and I guess I will have to wait for Cownchicken to solve this one and then tag along with them like I have done before ;) Same for Article 360 and Magnum!

Well done to those that have this figured out and to zen for obscuring the puzzle that has to be solved - I say again I see no puzzle - I have followed what I believed to be clues but nothing jumps out at me!

I'll get my own back as I mentioned in the first post in this thread ;)

Trev

Trev

My brain is worn out I think and I guess I will have to wait for Cownchicken to solve this one and then tag along with them like I have done before ;) Same for Article 360 and Magnum!

Well done to those that have this figured out and to zen for obscuring the puzzle that has to be solved - I say again I see no puzzle - I have followed what I believed to be clues but nothing jumps out at me!

I'll get my own back as I mentioned in the first post in this thread ;)

Trev

:rolleyes:

Some puzzles I am lucky enough to see straight away, others take a little work to figure out, others a lot of hard work to figure out, I still havent seen the puzzle here, I will have to turn this one on its head a few more times and see if something looks a little different than it did the first time. Let me get back to it.

I'm also watching this one. When the cache was first published I ran down to the site without looking closely at the clue.

arrived at the listed co-ords and an hour later and a red face I returned home none the wiser. I'm like Trev I don't have any idea what the puzzle is, never mind solving the darn thing. Have been colluding with Fynbos phil as well and he is just as "puzzled" as I am. Team Zenboom has had their ears burning for quite a while now :rolleyes:

Edited by edkin

I have a Russian colleague who has translated the script and I have located the picture (have the coordinates) but that doesn't help apart from giving me the general area. I am as clueless as Trev as well now. It is still a while before I head that far south again so have some time to work on it still. Perhaps Besem could shed some light on this one. He loves having puzzles to solve!

Perhaps Besem could shed some light on this one. He loves having puzzles to solve!

I've taken note of the puzzles, and I'm licking my lips... just need to find some time to tackle those nasty Cape Town puzzles again. Still haven't figured out CapeDoc's Number Crunch. But hey, if I can dish it out, I had better take it... <_<

blank page

blank mind

how people have even guessed final coords is beyond me - or do people scour google earth and just guess?

yes people my own puzzle is fomenting in my mind....

We have entered a good chunk of the Blank Page geo checks to date. If anyone is interested in pooling ideas give us a shout.

blank page

blank mind

how people have even guessed final coords is beyond me - or do people scour google earth and just guess?

yes people my own puzzle is fomenting in my mind....

We have entered a good chunk of the Blank Page geo checks to date. If anyone is interested in pooling ideas give us a shout.

Is my suspicion correct then - as you seem to be blindly guessing - theres over 230 guesses which pouts this at one of the worst guess to hit ratios ever (assuming there was one correct guess at tthis stage) nevertheless it seems you have been close - but which guess!!! I am not even close tot he point where I could go to the geochecker and think of something to type in yet

And Zambesiboy's new clue is just as meaningless to me as the whole thing. But then again I have let some of the simpler and more obvious puzzle caches pass me by so I am not surprised Ican see nothing here either - to that end I will send you a pm asking for a nudge in the direction you are taking!

451 incorrect and now one correct for Blank Page

Does not sound like a whole lot of reasoned think - more like a lot of wild guessing

I wonder who the lucky person is and if they did work it out or got a lucky guess - how did they even base their guess? How have people based their guesses

I think we could have some frank discussion now as we all know as soon as someone solves ithe solution flows as hints are given and private emails are exchanged - and if it is a real spoiler you can always ROT13 it.

Well done to the mystery puzzler for cracking this one!

Perhaps ZB woudl give a hint as to what direction to take to solve this one now that it has been cracked/guessed.

Trev

451 incorrect and now one correct for Blank Page

Does not sound like a whole lot of reasoned think - more like a lot of wild guessing

I wonder who the lucky person is and if they did work it out or got a lucky guess - how did they even base their guess? How have people based their guesses

I think we could have some frank discussion now as we all know as soon as someone solves ithe solution flows as hints are given and private emails are exchanged - and if it is a real spoiler you can always ROT13 it.

Well done to the mystery puzzler for cracking this one!

Perhaps ZB woudl give a hint as to what direction to take to solve this one now that it has been cracked/guessed.

Trev

Thanks Trevor, although a lot of the guessing was probably mine, the right answer was found by AndyT, it was not a guess but something he had overlooked before, and later returned to. The guesses I was making were out of chance and frustration. Some of us had visited the area and figured out where the background image was located, got the co-ords of that and were working from there. I also found background image by using Google Street Maps, so I was systematically working through co-ords based on that area. I know it seems crazy but I had seemed to run out of ideas.

Thanks Trevor, although a lot of the guessing was probably mine, the right answer was found by AndyT, it was not a guess but something he had overlooked before, and later returned to. The guesses I was making were out of chance and frustration. Some of us had visited the area and figured out where the background image was located, got the co-ords of that and were working from there. I also found background image by using Google Street Maps, so I was systematically working through co-ords based on that area. I know it seems crazy but I had seemed to run out of ideas.

Congrats to the Team - I guess after a few others have cracked it the methodology will be forthcoming in hints maybe at Cape Docs event on the 13th or thereabouts!

Trev

Trev - the second hint is a big fat hint - difficult to be more open than that without just giving you the answer. Had a long chat to Andy after he had logged and yes he did solve it entirely as I intended. Difficult to assess one's own puzzle I know but there are no obscenely special skills required. Yeah I appreciate now that it has been solved hints will leak out but I am happy with that - after all I like most, enjoy logs on my caches.

B)

Trev - the second hint is a big fat hint - difficult to be more open than that without just giving you the answer. Had a long chat to Andy after he had logged and yes he did solve it entirely as I intended. Difficult to assess one's own puzzle I know but there are no obscenely special skills required. Yeah I appreciate now that it has been solved hints will leak out but I am happy with that - after all I like most, enjoy logs on my caches.

B)

Thanks ZB - but your second hint means nothing to me (at the moment) and at this stage lots of others too! My brain has shutdown I am afraid well at least as far as these ingenious geocaching puzzles go! Good one to have perplexed so many for over a week!

Trev