Oregon 550t

Gan Dalf

A former GPSmap 60CSx user, I am still learning to use my new gadget. Sorry if this is an obvious question to some, it has not been for me.

How do you purge all (or single ones for that matter) geocaches from the Oregon 550t . On my old device I would just push the Find Button-> select Geocaches--> Press menu and then select delete. It is not so obvious on the Oregon with the touch screen. Do you do it on the device or do you need to hook it in to a computer to delete caches?

The reason I want to do this is to delete the caches that are in my device that have been disabled or archived since I loaded them in. When in the field I don't always know that a cache is no longer there...

I also like to purge caches from my device that I have found so that I am not bumping up against the cache capacity limit. It's not so bad now that I have a 5000 cache limit as opposed to the 1000 I used to have in my 60CSx. I assume, that like the 60CSx, that found caches count against your geocache limit on teh Oregon as well.

Any help or advice would be appriciated.

thanks

You cannot delete a cache on an Garmin with papeless geocaching.

Reload the GPS with a fresh PQ. Or you can use GSAK. But you need to replace the PQs on your GPS. You must remove or replace the gpx on your GPS and GSAK is the best option to do this.

So are you saying that if I load the Oregon from GSAK, and I have removed an archived cache from my GSAK database, that the cache that is already loaded in my Oregon will be removed and not reloaded?

In otherworeds, it sounds like all Geocaches are purged from the GPSr and then new ones are loaded in. Is this essentially correct?

Like he said you either remove or replace the .gpx files in the GPX folder on the unit. If the PQ you are loading has the same name as the one already in the unit then the new PQ will overwrite the existing one.

When using GSAK it basically clears the existing PQ and replaces it.

I just needed a little more clarification to get what he meant. I understand now. Thanks