need help with ibycus canada

tick54

I spent two days downloading ibycus topo 32 from Pirate Bay which is showed up as a jzip archive file. When I try to extract it, the jzip program says that the file is in a form which is not supported. I downloaded 7-zip and tried to open it with that and also no luck. I then dumped the file into the recycle bin and am now starting over downloading version 4 from another site. What am I doing wrong?

Maybe it wasn't a ZIP archive at all? The ones I'm seeding (both 3.2 and 4.0) are ISO files, which you either need to burn to DVD or mount it locally using an appropriate tool (such as DaemonTools). You're not supposed to unzip or unpack those in any other way. Of course this is only a shot in the dark without knowing which file(s) you actually have.

I now have a file on utorrent that says ibycus40.iso; I pushed something to do with jzip and extract, I now have a bunch of different files that seem to be connected to ibycus. One of the files says ibycus topo40 which is listed as a jzip archive file.

Is there anything, anywhere which will explain to me how to use this stuff???

I am now downloading the first RAR format file which I have no clue what it is or if it will work or even what part of canada it is for , it will take over 2 hours to find out what this thing is and so I will have to wait until tommorrow morning to find out. I tried to watch the youtube video of downloading ibycus but found it totally indecipherable between pictures of his dogs ect. This could be highly usefull if it was put in a form that could be understood. help.

Got up this morning and checked the download from RAR which I started before I went to bed it said download failed. I appreciate the video but have too slow of a connection to watch in HD. I am immediately stumped when it begins here is the file that you downloaded. I am to this step with utorrent;

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f96/garyglonek/utorrent.jpg

when I left click I get this

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f96/garyglonek/torrentclick.jpg

I go to the top press extract and make a file to extract it to. I now have this

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f96/garyglonek/utorrentextracted.jpg

Where do I go from here?? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I almost had it, I think . I was trying to find an iso file which I would then have to burn to a disk and then install it from that as explained on the first youtube video. I now simply clicked on the application file and it started to load.

Toward the end of installing I got this message

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f96/garyglonek/utorrentibycuserror.jpg

I press continue and nothing happens, I am stuck again.

Here is the process as I understand it from the original you tube videos

Download utorrent program

1) download the file via torrent TORRENT

2) extract the file into an iso (extract to another folder)

3) burn to dvd

4) put dvd in drive, install (open file find setup file)

5) open mapsource

6) select the IBYCUS MAPS

7) upload to your GPS like you do your other maps.

So far I believe that I have the torrent downloaded, and I have extracted it into another folder although nothing has anything which says iso.

Alright, I went back to my ibycus file selected all the files and then clicked burn and nothing happened. I then went to my roxio cd program and put in a disc and clicked burn. It started a project which seemed to be working and then got to this point and stayed there for over 20 minutes now

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f96/garyglonek/utorrentburn.jpg

It seems frozen here and I will have to go to work and will check later but I am afraid that it will be the same later.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

You've already got the ISO file (it's the file you downloaded and showed here). There's no need to do any extracting.

The next step is to burn the ISO to a DVD. In Roxio, under the Copy menu on the left, click on "Copy Guide". You should then have an option in the main window called "Burn Image to Disc" (see here). Point it to the ISO file you downloaded, pop in a blank DVD, and burn.

Alternatively, you can right-click on the ISO file in Windows, and tell it to "Open with..." Roxio, at which point you should just have to pop in the blank DVD and burn. Once it's done burning, continue from step 4 and install.

Let us know how you get on.

Andrew

The second attempt at burning a disc worked and I now have the topo maps installed on my computer. The same disk would not load on the computer at work so I am going to try to make a couple more copies to see if one of those will. I would like to thank all those who responded and helped me out.

Thanks.