Planning a road trip any good caches along the road?

maristua

We are 2 friends who are planning a roadtrip from Orlando FL to Los Angeles CA. The only plan so far is that we have to stop by New Orleans on the way. We are planning to use 4 weeks on this trip :)

I know there are A LOT of geocaches a long the way. What I'm wondering if there are any geocaches that we should not miss? Since I'm not a good walker (I use a wheelchair if the distance is more than 100 meter (328 Feet) the terrain should not be rated more than 1.5 or 2.

Ditto on VIEW CARRE'. Just make sure you touch base with Bamboozle ahead of time so he's expecting you.

San Antonio has some great caches around downtown, there are a bunch in and around the Riverwalk area.

If you're sticking to I-10 past San Antonio, head up to White Sands National Monument, it's beautiful. Haven't gotten any of the earth caches or virtuals around there, last time I was in New Mexico was in my pre-caching days.

If you're not sticking strictly to I-10 (and I highly recommend you don't), get up to the Grand Canyon, Zion, and Bryce Canyon National Parks. (I'd highly recommend Arches and Canyonlands as well.) Obviously there will be some limits with wheelchair access, but the Park Service has done a lot to make those places as accessible as possible. Wupatki National Monument near Flagstaff is beutiful as well.

Ditto on VIEW CARRE'. Just make sure you touch base with Bamboozle ahead of time so he's expecting you.

San Antonio has some great caches around downtown, there are a bunch in and around the Riverwalk area.

If you're sticking to I-10 past San Antonio, head up to White Sands National Monument, it's beautiful. Haven't gotten any of the earth caches or virtuals around there, last time I was in New Mexico was in my pre-caching days.

If you're not sticking strictly to I-10 (and I highly recommend you don't), get up to the Grand Canyon, Zion, and Bryce Canyon National Parks. (I'd highly recommend Arches and Canyonlands as well.) Obviously there will be some limits with wheelchair access, but the Park Service has done a lot to make those places as accessible as possible. Wupatki National Monument near Flagstaff is beutiful as well.

Thanks a lot for great sugestions. The fastes way would be sticking to I-10 I think. But we are NOT planning to do that. I think we would not see a lot if we stick to I-10. That's why it's great to get these inputs from you. It's not easy to know what we should see while we are there because it is so huge :D

[

Thanks a lot for great sugestions. The fastes way would be sticking to I-10 I think. But we are NOT planning to do that. I think we would not see a lot if we stick to I-10. That's why it's great to get these inputs from you. It's not easy to know what we should see while we are there because it is so huge :D

Sounds like an epic road trip!