Irish new Comer

Nonno's

Hi all,

I am new to geocaching. I have found 2 and placed a travel bug in my own with a hope it can get to canada, Alberta by July 2013. I have activated it. When its found will it then start to show its trip on my profilewhen others log the bug code?

Linda

Edited by Nonno's

Hi Linda, welcome...

I see that you've activated your Irish Flag tag to your account, so that it shows as belonging to you - At the moment it still shows as "being in your hands".

If you have actually placed it into your geocache you need to log it into that cache so that it shows in that cache's inventory.

Do a 'Write Note' log for your cache. Put a comment like "dropping off my TB". Then before submitting the log look beneath the Comment box and select 'dropped off' next to your TB. Then submit the log.

That will put it into the cache, all ready to start its travels.

Every time it is correctly retrieved from a cache, or placed into another cache, you will receive an email notification.

MrsB :)

Hi Linda, welcome...

I see that you've activated your Irish Flag tag to your account, so that it shows as belonging to you - At the moment it still shows as "being in your hands".

If you have actually placed it into your geocache you need to log it into that cache so that it shows in that cache's inventory.

Do a 'Write Note' log for your cache. Put a comment like "dropping off my TB". Then before submitting the log look beneath the Comment box and select 'dropped off' next to your TB. Then submit the log.

That will put it into the cache, all ready to start its travels.

Every time it is correctly retrieved from a cache, or placed into another cache, you will receive an email notification.

MrsB :)

Hi.

Thanks for the tips, since then my travel tags have been found. So delighted, the finder helped me fix up the co-ordinates as they were slightly off. placed another one today,love driving past places and thinking about new cache sites. Just need to start finding a few now.Thanks for the tips once again, maybe onto you again :)

Hi all,

I am new to geocaching. I have found 2 and placed a travel bug in my own with a hope it can get to canada, Alberta by July 2013. I have activated it. When its found will it then start to show its trip on my profilewhen others log the bug code?

Linda

Good for you. You have done very well having as many caches hidden and TB's in circulation than 'Found caches'.

I think you had a few probs with your initial co-ordinates for your hide but we live and learn. If i were you I would now enjoy picking up a good variety of different finds to give you a bit more experience and then I am sure you will be able to place some quality hides in some of the locations you have seen.

Good luck.