Incorrect find count

the Seagnoid

Is there actually a good reason why the mini stats bar (and other places on the site) does not have a unique clause in the query it uses to pull the finds stats? If I accidentally logedg a find twice on the same cache (instead of a find and a note) it shows what is effectly a wrong count. For that matter, there are a number of places on the website where "xxx finds, xxy unique" is mentioned - finding a cache a second time is no challange - in fact they could be converted to write notes. Having said that I personally do not mind the multiple find logs, I just would like to see the stats count reflect the true number.

Is there actually a good reason why the mini stats bar (and other places on the site) does not have a unique clause in the query it uses to pull the finds stats? If I accidentally logedg a find twice on the same cache (instead of a find and a note) it shows what is effectly a wrong count. For that matter, there are a number of places on the website where "xxx finds, xxy unique" is mentioned - finding a cache a second time is no challange - in fact they could be converted to write notes. Having said that I personally do not mind the multiple find logs, I just would like to see the stats count reflect the true number.

If you delete your extra log, or edit it to be a note, your stats bar will reflect the proper number.

Yes, there are times when the number of unique "finds" doesn't agree with the total finds on the stat bar. A few years ago a cache could be moved a significant distance and retain the same GC code. Owners would often invite prior finders to find the new cache and log a new find. Some event cache codes were for recurring events that went by the same GC code. There used to be "traveling caches" that could be found in several vastly different locations. Newer participants are not likely to have different find numbers, but those of us that have been around for several years are likely to have some differences. As I remember mine is around 16.

Edited by edscott