Deleted logs? But neither me nor the owner deleted them.

azog

I just got an email from a cache owner who asked why I deleted one of my not-found logs. The log in question was an interesting story about some serious blunders I made on a cache.

The cache in question is BOLP III. The original not-found was August 6. I distinctly remember that date (not just because of my mishaps). The next log for me is August 8, a Thursday. This log is intact.

Neither the owner nor myself deleted the log. I wouldn't have deleted it, because it made for a pretty cool story, even if it cast me in an oafish light. He didn't delete it, either.

(Now, on a related note. Another cache find of mine had three no-finds almost in a row, and the fourth was a find. One day, the no-finds disappeared, but I assumed that the owner (a different owner) of this cache delete the no-finds in favor of my find.)

You can see references to my logs in all the later finds, such as it being possible to bushwack the area I got trapped in. (of course it's not possible, these people weren't in the same area icon_smile.gif but that's neither here nor there...)

I'd like to see if that particular log can be restored, and if there is some way to figure out why it was deleted, and who deleted it?

AFAIK,

The only folks who can delete a log are the log writer and the cache owner.

Then it goes to GC admin, and I see no reason why they would have deleted the log without mentioning it to anyone. Could your log possibly have contained something inappropriate that might have been brought to the attention of Jeremy?

If the log was all good, and it's just mysteriously disappeared, Jeremy or Elias might see this thread and help you out.

Jamie

I'd be surprised if "arse" triggered it. (are we talking the actual word arse, or the american version?) In any case, I doubt that should have caused any alarm.

The only thing I can figure is that someone read the log and was offended and emailed Jeremy, and then he deleted it. I find that scenario hard to believe, but why else would the log simply dissappear?

My other theory is that either you or the owner inadvertently deleted the log without realizing it.

Again, whatever the case, Jeremy or Elias may be able to revive that log for you.

Jamie