Waaah! Lost Log!

kablooey

After almost ten hours, I'm still upset about it. I was trying to log my 500th find earlier today and instead I ended up at the My Cache Page. In the past, I was able to hit the back button and resubmit, but today the form was empty when I went back!

Yeah, I know, none of you care, but I had to rant somewhere. Anyway, I'm quitting now. Obviously I'm too involved in this game when something so trivial as losing a couple paragraphs of personal essay that took me less than a half hour to write annoys me this much. I'll come back in a week or so maybe.

First, congrats on reaching 500 finds.

As others have suggested in past forum posts, just write your log in a text editor or word processor and then cut and past it into the log entry box when you are happy with it. That way you can spell check it and you don't have to worry about it not uploading properly on the first try.

RM

quote:
Originally posted by Rocket Man:

Too Bad - But Easy to Avoid

First, congrats on reaching 500 finds.

As others have suggested in past forum posts, just write your log in a text editor or word processor and then cut and past it into the log entry box when you are happy with it. That way you can spell check it and you don't have to worry about it not uploading properly on the first try.

What you don't understand is that Kablooey logs his finds from the cache site on his cell phone. About the only thing I could suggest for him to protect against such occurances, is to select the whole message and copy it to the paste buffer before you submit it (I think you can do that on your phone). That way if the form is blank when you go back, you can paste it from the paste buffer. Just a thought.

BTW, is there anyone else who is logging from the cache site besides Kablooey? If so, what phone/provider combo are you using? (Kablooey, what is your combo?)

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

quote:
Originally posted by Marky:

BTW, is there anyone else who is logging from the cache site besides Kablooey? If so, what phone/provider combo are you using? (Kablooey, what is your combo?)

I sometimes do, using my wireless Palm VII. It usually depends on if there's a place to sit down and relax while I do it. Otherwise, I just jot down a few notes to jog my memory, and log them when I get home.

3608_2800.gif

I'm using the Danger Sidekick that I bought at letstalk.com with the T-Mobile $39.99 Sidekick plan (unlimited data for the first year, 200 anytime minutes, 1000 night&weekend).

The plan works fine for me because I hardly make any phone calls anyway. My last bill was 22 pages long, but since I only had 28 minutes of phone calls, all but one of those pages were listing my 7.5MB of web access (after the first year, only the first 15MB is included). There's a more expensive plan with 500 anytime minutes. T-Mobile's coverage is pretty spotty in the Bay Area, though. They say it's supposed to be better than Sprint's, but I don't think it is.