Will You Marry Me Cache.

WVski

I have been with my girlfriend for about 3 years now...She loves Caching with me and goes every time...We are thinking about getting married soon...I was thinking about having someone in my area hide a cache, and inside of it put a banner that says....I LOVE YOU, WILL YOU MARRY ME?

I think it would be a great way to propose and one she would never forget. Its still in the planning stage, but I am really thinking about doin it. Any one else think it is a neat idea? I would like to hear all ideas

Thanks

Should you really be getting married, when you can't figure out which forum would be the appropriate place to post your question? icon_smile.gif

Geocaching.com Discussion

Discuss new features (or feature requests), bugs, etc. specific to the Geocaching.com site.

General

If you have a topic that doesn't quite fit anywhere else, post it here.

Hmmmm... didja ever have to make up your mind? icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by eastwarrior77:

I think it would be a great way to propose and one she would never forget. Its still in the planning stage, but I am really thinking about doin it. Any one else think it is a neat idea? I would like to hear all ideas

Here's an entry for GC3DE6 along the same lines:

July 28, 2002 by Boddy's Girl (1 found)

This is definitely the best cache we've ever found! There is quite a story attached... great for you romantics out there--

I was on a weekend get-away with my boyfriend & his family. We planned a hike to introduce his parents, sister & brother-in-law to geo-caching (or so I thought). The weather was surprisingly good considering it had been threatening to storm for a day or so.

Anyway... we get to the cache and everyone else is hanging back. Since it is a CD cache, I brought a CD and was excited to peruse the contents when lo-and-behold: there is a CD labeled Geo-cachers: please do not remove. Duh. I keep looking at the other CDs. That's strange-- there is another couple out there with our names. Oh, wait. How did this one get here with our names on it? Hmm. Nah! He must have left this gone caching with out me and left this somewhere, but how did it magically arrive here? I'm still off in la-la land when he pulled out a Walkman-- and still I'm not getting it. What? Does he actually want to check out CDs before he picks one? That's weird. Hmmm. Gee, this CD has our pictures on it. The next thing I know, I'm listening to the most romantic wedding proposal I've ever heard- on CD! Needless to say, I was a bit surprised! I never thought this would happen so soon. I couldn't have imagined a more romantic, sweet and thoughtful proposal. It was so special to have his family be a part of this special moment.

Oh yeah, I accepted!

Anyway... there are more details, but I will keep them for us to remember fondly.

We left a Toni Braxton CD and took the Geo-inspector Bug to travel on with us. This little guy will hold a special place in our hearts and we will definitely keep track of his whereabouts!