Found a premium cache by accident

Tim2AKAT2

I was home in KY over Thanksgiving and found a premium cache. I am not a premium member and it was a luck find but I did sign the log so how do I log it as found?

By logging it. There are several methods, probably the easiest is with geocachingadmin.com. Load in the GC # and click log. Oh, you do know the GC number, right? Well if not a bit of looking on the lists of caches in the area will revel the GC number. You won't be able to see the page or the coordinates but you should be able to figure out which one it is.

Another way of doing it, without going to another site, is by going directly to the logging URL.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?wp=GCXXXX

Replace GCXXXX with the correct GC # if you know it.

You can try to do a longitude / latitude search for nearby caches to identify the cache if you don't have a GC #.

If that's not working, you can ask a PM member to look it up for you by giving them the coordinates, or. If you don't know any, send me an email. I'm pretty sure looking up the GC # is not a violation of the TOU, and if it is, someone would be happy to educate me.

Edited by Chrysalides