Windows Phone 7 v2.4 Release

A new version of Geocaching for Windows Phone 7 has been published and will show up in the Marketplace shortly. This update features:

Bug fixes:

• Postal code search working in German

• Cache coordinates available for offline caches

• Trackable search is working

• Editing saved field notes is working

• User-defined waypoints now working for European users

New features:

• OpenStreet Maps added

• New map focus options

Many thanks go out to all the beta testers who were kind enough to assist us in this release. Your help has been invaluable!

Sorry but this update is only a joke.

- the compass doesn´t work on WP7 (same as it ever was)

- when "locating" is turned off the app search and search and search and can´t find the location but you don´t get a hint

- you can´t cach with offline caches (same as it ever was)

- when you will edit a waypont the language convert (from german) to english

- when you use this app with german language there are a lot of passages they are not translate so you see it in english

- on focus "cash (only)" the zoom is so high the only one you can see are a lot of pixel

Conclusion:

this is not realy a feat!

Edited by turboINTERCEPTOR

Thanks for the new Version. After a little test:

+ Satellite or Street view option works now

+ OSM support

+ saving Offline-Caches works so far for me

+ map focus function is nice

- coordinate format are in decimal

- same problem if T or D have half stars, so no stars are displayed

- ignored and owned caches display on search result

Greetings Süffel

Edited by Sueffel

Nice new version!

The best improvement is the integration of OSM! This is very welcome in areas, where BING Maps (especially in Europe) ist not very usable.

Now the search for adresses works again (bug in the last version).

Unfortunately there are no real improvments for "Offline Caching". I think this must have now highest priority for the next version.

I think this is the biggest disadvantage for European cachers (expensive roaming fees when traveling).

There is still the bug, that in the german version the difficulty- and terrain-level is often not displayed (no stars).

Nevertheless this version was again a a good step!

Thanks for the new Version. After a little test:

+ Satellite or Street view option works now

+ OSM support

+ saving Offline-Caches works so far for me

+ map focus function is nice

- coordinate format are in decimal

- same problem if T or D have half stars, so no stars are displayed

- ignored and owned caches display on search result

Greetings Süffel

Well, I can certainly SAVE offline caches, and it works fine, although I've never tried firing up the app to try to find one of them. Could that possibly be where the problem is? Just sitting here in front of my computer while I'm typing this, it looks like I could navigate to it, even though it's a mile away, and I'm sitting in the house. :)

Definitely an improvement in stability and availability. Other than some significant spikes in data usage when we use the app (maps?), it's become pleasant to cache as a family again.

We agree that offline caching functionality needs to have the focus for improvement in 2.5. The offline experience should closely resemble (if not mimic) the real-time experience. Some work could also be done to improve the compass, as we have decided it's easier to use the map and distance rather than the compass.