Puzzles

zodiac73

I want to set some puzzle caches, I can't think of any though!

I did a google for "puzzle generator" etc but all that seems to come up in the results pretty much is loads of crossword generators.

Does anyone know of any sites I can get puzzles or ideas from for new caches?

z. :)

Sudoku caches used to be pretty popular, but now that you can just use the interwebs or phone apps to auto-solve sudoku puzzles, I think they've fallen out of favor. Unless they're oddly shaped -- I've had some success with that.

I've subscribed to GAMES Magazine for years, I've taken at least one of our puzzles from a back issue.

If you're stuck, look around the site and see what other caches are out there. Imitation is the highest form of flattery, as the saying goes. You probably don't want to recreate any local puzzles, but you can always pick some random people off the forums and see what puzzle caches they've found or hidden.

Someone wrote a "letter" and hidden in that were words of certain numbers of letters that gave the coords. I felt so clever to have solved it.

Another was a list of coords, which, when viewed on Google Earth showed airport runways and their numbers. Those numbers had to be placed in the right order...the code for the airports was there. It took awhile, but was fun and I love anything to do with airplanes!

I can give you the GC codes to those if you want to shoot me an email.

I did a google for "puzzle generator" etc but all that seems to come up in the results pretty much is loads of crossword generators.

Go to PurpleHell.com

This guy has a daily blog with a "geocaching puzzle of the day". I've gleaned several ideas for future puzzles by browsing through there.

That's not a guy. She lives in my area and has been placing at least one new puzzle cache a month in the area. Some of them are based on other caches that might appear on her puzzle of the day blog. It's a nice blog that not only has links to a lot of interesting geocaching puzzles but also has a weekly bonus blog that has links to puzzle solving tools or other puzzle related sites that might provide some inspiration for creating a new puzzle.

This guy has a daily blog with a "geocaching puzzle of the day". I've gleaned several ideas for future puzzles by browsing through there.

That's not a guy. She lives in my area and has been placing at least one new puzzle cache a month in the area. Some of them are based on other caches that might appear on her puzzle of the day blog. It's a nice blog that not only has links to a lot of interesting geocaching puzzles but also has a weekly bonus blog that has links to puzzle solving tools or other puzzle related sites that might provide some inspiration for creating a new puzzle.

Oops. I stand corrected. Thanks for setting me back on the straight and narrow. :D

Go to PurpleHell.com

Wow, nice site! Thanks :)