Dec 2011 Photo Competition

Team Pixos

I borrowed this idea from the UK board.

The theme this month is "Christmas Caching"

Good luck and have fun!

The rules are.....,

1) The photo must be cache related and to do with a specific Canada cache (any type including events), caching series or caching trip - please include a link to the cache or the GC.... code so we can see where the picture relates to.

2) Two photos per caching team or cacher. (Maybe 3 if you really have an extra pic that's great!)

3) A new thread is started each month, with the OP stating these rules.

4) The winner each month is decided by the winner from the previous month - the new winner starting the thread for the subsequent month. They may set a theme* if they wish. For this the initial month the other three members of Team Pixos will pick the winner.

5) Photos should be recent preferably taken in the current month.

6) This month the competition runs from the 1st of the month, until December 28.

This should give sufficient time for the winner (or other person if necessary) to start the new thread.

If you haven't already uploaded a photo, a good tip might be to upload to one of your log entries (it can just be 'post a note'). Then, display the photo and copy the URL to provide a link to the post. If it's not actually relevant to the cache you've used, delete the note and the photo - the URL will still work. On this forum, add a reply and click the small green tree icon above the text box and paste in your URL.

Let's get some awesome shots from accross Canada.

Keep watching the US Southwest... those storms tend to track up and across to the NorthEast. Indications are it's going to be a big one. Out on the West Coast there is a new one coming onshore in Northern BC as well... and more out in the Pacific.

As for here in Elkford, we have a bit of a melt... just a bit, but we have had snow for weeks, lots of it for this time of year.

I'll see if we can send some your way.

Doug 7rxc

Keep watching the US Southwest... those storms tend to track up and across to the NorthEast. Indications are it's going to be a big one. Out on the West Coast there is a new one coming onshore in Northern BC as well... and more out in the Pacific.

As for here in Elkford, we have a bit of a melt... just a bit, but we have had snow for weeks, lots of it for this time of year.

Doug 7rxc

Current forecast for the Greater Toronto Area is a GREEN Christmas. We've got very little snowfall here so far this December in the traditional snow belt areas compared to other years.

On the other hand, LOTS of Christmas lights out there so maybe the best time ever for one of those urban micro hunts.

Doug 7rxc

Current forecast for the Greater Toronto Area is a GREEN Christmas. We've got very little snowfall here so far this December in the traditional snow belt areas compared to other years.

On the other hand, LOTS of Christmas lights out there so maybe the best time ever for one of those urban micro hunts.

you can't miss the light display at the Lambert house at 14 Johnson Cres., Georgetown

last year was awesome, can't wait to see what he did this year :D

Enjoy the nice conditions, that SW USA Storm is developing as promised and so is the Northern Coast low...

At least a few locations in (I believe it was) New Mexico were reporting 40 cm. of snow on the ground and winds...

between the two systems it should track up through the Midwest... I got to go post a pic so I can get it here from last week...

Let me be clear this is not for the contest. But it IS for poor, snow deprived cachers to help get in the spirit... at least I was thinking about caching... but there are no new ones here at the moment.

My thoughts were about placing a couple. Also thinking about this as a lawn ornament, since season is over. Taken off the balcony.

1912.jpg

1913.jpg

Starting to snow again as well for a few days... Happy Holidays. Will try to at least visit a cache while we have time!

Doug 7rxc

Edited by 7rxc

My daughter and I were doing a seasonally-themed letterbox hybrid GC2KGPD 2010 Xmas - Winter Fun.

Here's a picture of Scoutarooo from the top of a hill near the projected stage one:

b4b814d9-cebe-458d-96dc-629844283efe.jpg

You can't see it, but she's standing on a picnic table someone dragged all the way up there.

She got to stay up there and watch while I completed the remaining stages (which were cool, and she missed out). I took this on the way to stage 2 (added the box to locate her later):

9c670952-458b-4f39-9453-e08bcea80f9b.jpg