Thoughts on a Theme Cache

PATHer

I was thinking about putting out a cache which encouraged Geocachers to bring along computer software to swap around.

Looking for thoughts on a 'Software Theme' cache; i.e., pros and cons about starting a cache along those lines.

Thanks in advance for the input

You might also make certain the container used will hold all the software that might show up.

Salamander had a "bonus" pack of aoftware left outside its container. When I found it, the labels were so damp inside the original sealed bag that I couldn't tell what was on those floppies.

--

wcgreen

Wendy Chatley Green

it's a workable idea. theme caches can be lame though when you go to find a series of caches and one of them ends up being a theme cache and you didn't notice that when you were typing coords. into your etrex and then you have nothing associated to leave in the cache so you just leave whatever. but it's cool.

I've been working on this for a while myself. however I haven't been to any parks recently where I could hide it and KNOW it wouldn't be stumbled on. Not without it being too close to another cache (something I dislike doing)

you also risk people dumbing it down...

LOG: Great hide. real challenge getting here. nice cache container. Took Doom III. left Super mario brothers/duck hunt for the Nintendo NES system.

I've seriously considered making it premium subsriber only for jsut that reason, especially since I'm gonna have a decent outlay to start up the cache.

alt.gif

www.gpswnj.com