For European Geochachers: LUCAS (Land Cover / Use Area Frame Survey)

norderaue

Dear European Geocachers,

I would like to draw your attention to an upcoming field survey, which will take place in summer 2012 in all countries of the European Union. This field mapping project is closely related to the geocaching approach and especial to the use of GPS, since a total of 270.389 sample points have to be located and observed in the field. It is an ideal work for people with geographical, agricultural, biological or ecological background.

The project is named LUCAS (Land Use / Cover Area Frame Survey) and founded by the EU. The company EFTAS were I am employed is the main contractor for 15 European countries and runs the survey itself in Germany, the Netherlands, Denmark, Finland and possibly also Sweden. But it might be also possible to promote interested surveyors to our partners, especially in Poland, Austria, Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia (see here)

Further information can be found on the project website, which also provides a "Vacancies" section with job descriptions in national languages.

I hope this can be interesting for several people!

Best wishes,

Dirk Lindemann