Listing of caches placed/found

lostinjersey

I wouldn't mind being able to view my finds and places by criteria other then when. i.e. cache type, difficulty, etc. also I'd like to be able to turn on view all caches placed including archived.

Also like to be able to see all my finds when I go to my cache page, rather then only the last 10. (i.e. I don't want to have to "click here to see all logs" I wanna see em all right from the start.)

william

alt.gif

www.gpswnj.com

[This message was edited by Gwho on April 06, 2003 at 04:11 AM.]

On your first point, try using Watcher to sort your caches every which way... by terrain rating, cache type, date found, who placed it, date placed... you name it.

Can't help ya with the archived cache point.

To see a list of all your logs on your profile page, instead of just the last 10, click on the link that says to show all logs.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

I was formerly employed by the Department of Redundancy Department, but I don't work there anymore.

quote:
Originally posted by Gwho:

Also like to be able to see all my finds when I go to my cache page, rather then only the last 10. (i.e. I don't want to have to "click here to see all logs" I wanna see em all right from the start.)

I think that would be a bit excessive for many people. People on a dialup, or people with thousands of finds would have to wait for all that data to load every time they accessed their cache page, even if they weren't interested in seeing them.

I changed the URL of my geocaching.com bookmark to take me directly to my cache page when I come here. If you did that, but used the URL for all logs displayed, that might be a solution you can live with. In other words, edit you bookmark to go to:

http://www.geocaching.com/my/default.asp?alllogs=y

instead of just:

http://www.geocaching.com

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

When you get to a certain point, showing alllogs takes forever. It'd be nice to see a certain set (like startlog=100&numlogs=50), but you can effectively do that by arranging a search on caches found by yourself.

What I find annoying is that the dumb TBs show at the top of the page (and aren't limited to the last 10), pushing the information I want to see way down on the page. I pretty much avoid picking up TBs nowadays.

quote:

It was that way at one time, but they changed it. I guess they had a good reason.

"You can only protect your liberties in this world, by protecting the other man's freedom. "You can only be free if I am" -Clarence Darrow

quote:
Originally posted by kablooey:

What I find annoying is that the dumb TBs show at the top of the page (and aren't limited to the last 10), pushing the information I want to see way down on the page. I pretty much avoid picking up TBs nowadays.

I would imagine the bthomas has to scroll down a couple of pages before he even gets to his caches hidden! And viewing your cache page on your phone is probably out of the question... icon_wink.gif

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

quote:
Originally posted by kablooey:

When you get to a certain point, showing alllogs takes forever.

Mine actually gets a SQL timeout error when I try to view all logs when the server is busy. I'm hoping that the new site will handle this better. icon_rolleyes.gif

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"