Trackable Code

Gan Dalf

Thought I'd check here before posting a feature request ont he website forum in case I am just missing it.

It would be nice if when you click on your trackable inventory from your profile view if the trackable code from the coin or TB appeared next to the the name for that particular trackable. It would be really helpful for taking a physical inventory that you have in your posession.

If there is no way to do this currently I am going to post it as a feature request on the website forum. Let me know if you'd get behind such an idea.

Why?

I mean, why do you need this?

Because if you have a number of trackables in your posesion than going thorugh them one at a time can be a bit tedious. It would just be nice if it was in list form, then you could quickly check all of the trackables in your inventory against what you have in your posession.

For the trackables you own the tracking number is listed on the trackable page. For the ones you picked up you can see the tracking number when you post a log on the cache page. It'll be listed in the drop inventory towards the bottom where you click 'submit',

That's what I wasn't thinking of. Still it would be nice to see in the list of bugs in your invnetory as well.

For the trackables you own the tracking number is listed on the trackable page. For the ones you picked up you can see the tracking number when you post a log on the cache page. It'll be listed in the drop inventory towards the bottom where you click 'submit',

That's what I wasn't thinking of. Still it would be nice to see in the list of bugs in your inventory as well.

In that case you should submit a change request to add it. I don't see any reason why they shouldn't let you see it.

Why?

Because if you have a number of trackables in your posesion than going thorugh them one at a time can be a bit tedious. It would just be nice if it was in list form, then you could quickly check all of the trackables in your inventory against what you have in your posession.

I have a question--why do you have so many trackables in your possession? Get them placed out in caches and you won't have this "problem."

Edit: If you're talking about your own 60 trackables, just make yourself an Excel spreadsheet or something similar as an easy way to list them.

If you're hoarding other peoples trackables, then SHAME ON YOU. I, for one, would be vehemently opposed to any "feature" that encourages such reprehensible behavior.

Edited by DoubleBent

Why?

I sometimes get 'inventor heavy' with trackables right before I head off th GS HQ, where I do a mass drop off. I usually alert the owners that this is my intention so they dont think I'm a hoarder...

Otherwise, why are you hoarding so many bugs? How many are we talking about here?

Plus, you cant remember their names? Even when I carry around a bunch, I still remember their names.

Eta:spelling, grr

Edited by JesandTodd

Why?

I sometimes get 'inventor heavy' with trackables right before I head off th GS HQ, where I do a mass drop off. I usually alert the owners that this is my intention so they dont think I'm a hoarder...

Otherwise, why are you hoarding so many bugs? How many are we talking about here?

Plus, you cant remember their names? Even when I carry around a bunch, I still remember their names.

Please don't pick a fight with me. I'm not hoarding bugs. Unfortunately the same can not be said for others that cache in this area, as you should be aware and so I am often cautious about where I deposit trackables around here to ensure that those individuals will not pick them up.

Not that your response deserves an explanation but in the last few weeks I've gone to three different events and picked up a number of trackable at each, some in trade, some that were just sitting on the trackable table. Having lost several bugs that were placed into events myself, I often collect several when I go knowing that I will be responsible with them. I curretnly am holding about 20 and wanted to make sure that I had them all logged properly and that I hadn't forgotten any. It occured to me that a viewable list would make it easier. As it would happen, several of the bugs use travellers that don't really make sense with the name of the bug and so, no, I can't always remember their names. I'm glad your memory is so stellar that you can remeber every detail about all the bugs you have in your posession. Mine is not that good anymore, especially after having moved as many as I have.

Why?

Please don't pick a fight with me. I'm not hoarding bugs. Unfortunately the same can not be said for others that cache in this area, as you should be aware and so I am often cautious about where I deposit trackables around here to ensure that those individuals will not pick them up.

Not that your response deserves an explanation but in the last few weeks I've gone to three different events and picked up a number of trackable at each, some in trade, some that were just sitting on the trackable table. Having lost several bugs that were placed into events myself, I often collect several when I go knowing that I will be responsible with them. I curretnly am holding about 20 and wanted to make sure that I had them all logged properly and that I hadn't forgotten any. It occured to me that a viewable list would make it easier. As it would happen, several of the bugs use travellers that don't really make sense with the name of the bug and so, no, I can't always remember their names. I'm glad your memory is so stellar that you can remeber every detail about all the bugs you have in your posession. Mine is not that good anymore, especially after having moved as many as I have.

Thanks for the explanation. If you had explained a bit more at the beginning that this is a one-time or occasional situation for you, and not your general on-going practice, you might not have been jumped on. I still don't think that any feature that makes life easier for hoarders is a good idea, but at least I don't still think that you are a hoarder. :smile:

Why?

Thanks for the explanation. If you had explained a bit more at the beginning that this is a one-time or occasional situation for you, and not your general on-going practice, you might not have been jumped on. I still don't think that any feature that makes life easier for hoarders is a good idea, but at least I don't still think that you are a hoarder. :smile:

I've given you no reason to make the assumptions you have. I guess some people just prefer to see the worst in others... <_<:(

Why?

Honestly? If you have so many TBs, that it's so "tedious"to going through them that you request a CHANGE to the current system just to keep track of them, then you have too many TBs.

Why not just do a simple EXCEL spreadsheet, like somebody mentioned earlier. That's all we do with our coins. Some of them were sent out, and some of them we have in our collection. We have all the info at our fingertips: tracking number, name, reference number, ect. You can very easily do it for your personal travel bugs. Keep it on your desktop, and you'll have instant access to it.

Why?

Honestly? If you have so many TBs, that it's so "tedious"to going through them that you request a CHANGE to the current system just to keep track of them, then you have too many TBs.

It really is a fight you are after isn't it? I see asking for opinions in a constructive manner here was a mistake, one I won't repeat.

Honestly folks. The OP is looking for help, not assumptions.

To the OP, TBs tend to cause a lot of angst in here, because so many go missing. I applaud you for coming here to ask for help. I wish everyone would. Have you looked into marking your own TBs collectible, to get them out of your inventory?

There is also the old fashioned method of placing them in one your own archived caches for online storage, but collectible' is supposed to get them out of your way. I would not mark anyone else's as collectible, or place someone else's trackable in an archived cache, but it is fine for your own.