SUBMITTED (26668) - [FEATURE] Combined search

java.lang

Hi,

I saw this has be proposed quite some times in the past, but still nothing seems to have changed, and by proposing it again I'd like to get some info from GS about wether this will be implemented eventually.

This of course is just to examplify my situation:

I once got a link to a cache in Vianna, Austria with the name "logical". I can't locate the link in the vast amount of links I have in my chatlog, so how can I find it again? The search page (just as the advanced search) doesn't allow me to combine a keyword search for 'logical' or 'logic' with a region based search within Austria/Vienna.

Searching for 'logic' or 'logical' doesn't bring me any close to the cache since the total number of results is quite large. Searching by region isn't helping much either because there are quite some caches there.

So my question is: Is it (or will it ever be) possible to combine multiple search criteria, or search within the results of another search?

I once got a link to a cache in Vianna, Austria with the name "logical". I can't locate the link in the vast amount of links I have in my chatlog, so how can I find it again? The search page (just as the advanced search) doesn't allow me to combine a keyword search for 'logical' or 'logic' with a region based search within Austria/Vienna.

Searching for 'logic' or 'logical' doesn't bring me any close to the cache since the total number of results is quite large. Searching by region isn't helping much either because there are quite some caches there.

So my question is: Is it (or will it ever be) possible to combine multiple search criteria, or search within the results of another search?

I can help you out with your specific question

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=2db8f388-2d9f-4347-a44a-c2cb9295db82

if the name is logical

and also turn your attention to the site of aj-gps where you can solve problems of this type for Austrian caches.

There is also a cache with the name logical W in Vienna

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=8b4d55fe-71fa-4fad-a776-e0a34edd5375

Nevertheless, I also would love to be able to perform more complex searches directly on gc.com.

Cezanne

Edited by cezanne

I can help you out with your specific question

Thanks - Already got the link in the meantime from a friend. My point here was mainly to point out a situation which may arise often and can't be solved easily by using just GC.com

I'm very glad you made that request. It has needed to provide multiple search criteria for a long, long time. Perhaps in the very early days, what we have was sufficient but it certainly is not anymore.