GetaMap help

David1052

Hi I am trying to put caches onto a O.S. getamap but it will only accept it if it only contains the co-ords ir there away of just downloading the co-ords in a pocket enquiry

Open the PQ in Excel, and delete the columns you don't want :)

Thanks having a go at opening it in exel but only a bit slow when it comes to computers, its an age thing

Hmm, didn't know Excel did xml, could be useful.

Thanks but how would I set about recieving it in LOC format

When you go to edit your PQ, down near the bottom there's a box labelled "Output To", which has a box for your Email address and a dropdown box where you can select either GPX or LOC format.

Edited by MartyBartfast

Hmm, didn't know Excel did xml, could be useful.

Thanks but how would I set about recieving it in LOC format

When you go to edit your PQ, down near the bottom there's a box labelled "Output To", which has a box for your Email address and a dropdown box where you can select either GPX or LOC format.

Thanks got what I wanted in a way but Groundspeak send them in gpx version 1 and getamap wants them in gpx version 1.1 so nearly got there just have to press on

There is a drop down somewhere, I think in your profile, that says how do you want to get your GPX's ? 1.0 or 1.0.1

Edited to add: It's under account preferences together with Time zone and other things like that.

Edited by Just Roger

Thanks got what I wanted in a way but Groundspeak send them in gpx version 1 and getamap wants them in gpx version 1.1 so nearly got there just have to press on

There is a drop down somewhere, I think in your profile, that says how do you want to get your GPX's ? 1.0 or 1.1

Its here: http://www.geocaching.com/account/ManagePreferences.aspx down at the bottom.

But it only offers them as either 1.0 or 1.0.1 I have not used Getamap but think that 1.0.1 is not the same as 1.1, maybe GSAK could be used to convert PQ's to 1.1?

For all things mapping I use this tool: http://www.cacheye.org/node/12

I would recommend reading the excellent blog post by Cassandy before using it: http://geocass.wordpress.com/2010/10/12/great-resource-finally-view-caches-on-os-maps/

I use this more than the geocaching site itself :laughing:

I use the export macro within GSAK, which is excellent, but you don't need to have GSAK to use it, just that way works best for me...

Hi gas_zippy Thanks a lot that is exactaly what I wanted Fantastic!!!!!!

I will be able to play for hours A realy big THANK YOU

Regards David :P :P :D

No problem, glad you found it useful, it was good for me to revisit the Cassandy blog post as there is more things listed that I forgot it does as well!