2011 Christmas Clearance Mission

WRITE SHOP ROBERT

Once again it's time to do the Christmas Clearance and Regifting Mission!!

This one has been a lot of fun in the past, and since I'm settled into a new place to live I think I can handle hosting it once again...

Here we go...

By now we all should be familiar with the concept, but I'll run through it anyway.

The Christmas Clearance and Regifting Mission is a chance to have some fun raiding the After Christmas Clearance Sales in search of that perfectly appropriate, strangely inappropriate, or just plain ridiculous gift for someone special(or random, as the cards may fall). If you sign up for this mission, you will receive a random name of one of the other participants and you will need to send them at least ONE Trackable(unactivated) Geocoin, as well as something you score in the After Christmas Clearance Sales(or something you received as a gift, and are passing along Example...Haha, anyone need a 2XL Men's Blue Polo Shirt?) The Clearance/Regifting item should have about the same value as a Geocoin($5-$12) as a starting point. If you choose to send additional items, that's up to you. I cannot take special assignment requests, and this is an INTERNATIONAL MISSION. If you are unable or unwilling to ship your package to anywhere on the globe, please do not sign up.

What you will need to send...

1. At least ONE Trackable(unactivated) Geocoin.

2. At least ONE additional Gift from the Christmas Clearance Sales or a Regift(in the $5-$12 range).

3. Whatever other fun you can come up with.

Information I need when you sign up...

1. Your prefered Email address

2. Your Geocaching name

3. Your Shipping name

4. Your COMPLETE Mailing address

5. Your Age and Gender(as specific as you want your sender to consider)

Any questions can be posted in this thread, and if you have requests about what to receive(allergies Etc.), you can discuss that here too, not in your sign up email. Please contact me through my Geocaching Profile to sign up.

Here's the timeline...

Assignments sent by January 1

Send your package by January 31

After you sign up, please keep your status updated in this thread

MM/DD...Signed up

MM/DD...Received assignment

MM/DD...Package shipped

MM/DD...Received Package

Other random rules...

You may request up to TWO assignments for each person on your team,

Please do NOT send anything that cannot be discussed/displayed in these forums,

Consider the climate where your shipment is going when you choose your gifts.

Oh yes, that was so much fun last year!!! Of course we are in again:

yanagi-father:

12/06 signed up

MM/DD received Assignment

MM/DD Package Shipped

MM/DD received Package

yanagi-son

12/06 signed up

MM/DD received Assignment

MM/DD Package Shipped

MM/DD received Package

Thank you sooooo much for hosting this again!!!!

Ugh...everything I touch for the past two years gets behind schedule...completely my fault. I am working on this right now. everyone will have their assignments tonight. I hope that most of you have already chosen some gift items that are of a wide enough interest, since almost everything is gone from the stores by now. It looks like we have a small field this year...12 entries and two from me.

Both packages are on the way :ph34r: and we hope the recipients like it.

yanagi-father:

12/06 signed up

01/04 received Assignment

01/16 Package Shipped

MM/DD received Package

yanagi-son:

12/06 signed up

01/16 Package Shipped

MM/DD received Package

At the beginning of this week my son got his mission:

0087784ocgm7iy2xd.jpg

He loves especially the very cool Unity Dragon Coin and the Hot Wheels car (he likes when there is something written on the tires :) ). Thank you very much for this mission.

yanagi-father:

12/06 signed up

01/16 Package Shipped

MM/DD received Package (not yet)

yanagi-son:

12/06 signed up

01/16 Package Shipped

01/17 received Package

11/27...Signed up

01/03...Received assignment

01/22...Package shipped

01/20...Received Package

I have my package all packed up and will be sending it off tomorrow.

Yesterday I recieved a great package from Germany. It had some chocolates that the whole family enjoyed, a cool 6 function tool that my youngest has aquired minus the screw driver parts, a nice magnifier for seeing the detail on the coins that I love. It also had 3 great coins. An Atlantis coin, a Team yanagi coin whick I love and the most awesome coin I have ever gotten. A 1 of a kind Personal coin with a picture of my family on it which was taken atop Sentinal Dome in Yosemite National Park. That was a very nice thought and a Huge thank you goes to team yanagi for the thought that went into this package. Also a big thanks to WSR for setting the mission up.

cd672535-034b-4795-8481-de418d64f80f.jpg

I got a package in the mail today and I guess its from this mission. Not sure what their geonick is but it was from T. Briggs. In the envelope I got a Breast Cancer Travel Tag, a BOC Ladder 24 Blaze 132 GXProxy geocoin and a December 2011 pathtag. Thank you T. Briggs for the wonderful coins :D

Hopefully, I will send my recipient's package out tomorrow. Just need to get a box.

MM/DD...11/28

MM/DD...1/03/12

MM/DD...Package shipped

MM/DD...1/26/12

I got a package in the mail today and I guess its from this mission. Not sure what their geonick is but it was from T. Briggs. In the envelope I got a Breast Cancer Travel Tag, a BOC Ladder 24 Blaze 132 GXProxy geocoin and a December 2011 pathtag. Thank you T. Briggs for the wonderful coins :D

Ditto for me... got a package from T. Briggs yesterday with a GCF US 2011 United Coin, BOC Ladder 24 coin, and January 2012 pathtag... Thank You! T Briggs-

straining my memory for your GC Nick 'cause I know we've srossed paths on missions before :lostsignal:

12/25...Signed up

01/05...Package prepared

01/06...Package shipped (to North Carolina)

01/27...Received Package from LewisClan77

They sent a large magnifier with light; a roll of camoflage duct tape, a metal puzzle, macaw coin (TB4GB01) and a starfish buddy (TB4CPY3). Thank you very much. Going through the package was a little bit like going through a cache - full of great swag. :D

11/27...Signed up

01/06...Package shipped

01/29...Received Package

We go these coins and a cool box of 're-gifts' - it include two tree ornaments, a stash-bag, a 2006 School picture clock, a wrist-bead kit (my girls LOVED this one), and a few other items. Thanks for this... we had a GREAT time looking through it all.

- Savoy

coolc.jpg

MM/DD...Signed up 12/24/11 :)

MM/DD...Received assignment

MM/DD...Package shipped 1/23/11

MM/DD...Received Package 2/2/12

Received a German GCF Coin, a personal path tag, a travel tag, and a GxPROXY Traveller! A great collection of stuff! And not to forget, a Wisconsin license plate B)

Thanks for all the goodies!

Edited by JoenSue