[FEATURE] Saved Lists

wasurf

I would like to have the Saved Lists I have created in the Geocaching for iPhone app to appear in my Lists on Geocaching.com. It would be similar to the notepad feature that saves data from each cache page and shows up under notepad option in the iPhone app.

Oh I would love this as well. AS it would make it SO much easier to edit then on the iPhone or iPad.

The other suggestions I would like to add are:

1. Sorting Saved lists. Currently, the lists on the iPhone/iPad are in the order we created or downloaded them. It would be nice to be able to SORT the saved lists by date created, up or down, as well as Alpha-Numerically up or down. Also allow us to sort in our own "Crazy" order by using "Drag n Drop". So that I can put a few lists that don't meet any specific normal sorting methods at the top of my list. Such as a list that I name "Today - To find", "Today - Found", "Today - DNF". Even though T doesn't come before A or 1.

2. Saved List Syncing over the "cloud". I run the app, on both my iPhone & iPad. It would be nice if these lists were also saved on the server (In the cloud) as well as on the device (for offline use) So that they would SNYC over the "Cloud". Just like my contacts, music, photos, notepad notes do on the iOS devices allready. They all snyc over the cloud, but are all available even when offline. Same thing should go with our saved lists. Especially when using multiple iOS devices, such as having the iPhone & iPad.

3. Saved list "REFRESH" button. Refresh the entire (single) list in the saved list. I have noticed that in your saved lists, aver about 24 hours or so after they have been added to your saved list and downloaded. That the "Refresh" option appears for each cache. This is VERY nice as it allows you to refresh and redownload the information for that cache. However... This has to be done on a cache by cache basis for each & every cache in your saved list. I have a saved list with oever 500+ caches in the list. That takes forever to refresh manually, by each cache. So the suggestion is to have a button that we could tap on that would REFRESH every single cache in that one saved list. So that we wouldn't have to do it manually one by one.

4. Allow us to RENAME a saved list. Currently if you wish to rename the list, you have to add each of those caches to a new saved list with a new name that you want. Then delete the older saved list with the name you didn't want. If you only have a few caches in the list. This isn't a major ordeal. If you have alot in a list. This is a major ordeal. Allowing us to RENAME the saved list would be Extremely nice!

Thanks

TGC

+1 on management tools for Saved Lists. I hunted for about 30 minutes thinking I was just overlooking the "rename" function, but turns out that it doesn't exist. Seems like this should've been taken care of a while ago, given that the software is on 4.x. Syncing the lists with the Geocaching.com account would be cool, too, even if it was just for Premium members.

I often wondered why they weren't the same on both..... and I never bothered to use the lists on the phone - because, what's the point of doing them in two different places??

But yeah....and be able to edit, delete, add, etc. and have them be synced between the two!!

3. Saved list "REFRESH" button. Refresh the entire (single) list in the saved list. I have noticed that in your saved lists, aver about 24 hours or so after they have been added to your saved list and downloaded. That the "Refresh" option appears for each cache. This is VERY nice as it allows you to refresh and redownload the information for that cache. However... This has to be done on a cache by cache basis for each & every cache in your saved list. I have a saved list with oever 500+ caches in the list. That takes forever to refresh manually, by each cache. So the suggestion is to have a button that we could tap on that would REFRESH every single cache in that one saved list. So that we wouldn't have to do it manually one by one.

+1